·
Pcsx2 Lover
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Now when Playstation 3 launch is near. :wub: I want help

from you guys that where I should get a PS3 in

less money "UK or USA".

Keep in mind I have my family members in both countries.

My big brother in 'UK' and my "brother in law" in 'USA'. :innocent:

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,588 Posts
For a second there I was thinking.. "which country is teh best" and I suddently told myslef "You have to go there and post Canada." but eh, since it's about the PS3 launch price thingie, I don't know. If you're in UK I'd suggest getting a PAL PS3 instead of a NTSC because you'll have one hell of a time finding some games and the imports might cost you a whole lot than you'd expect.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Depends really, if you live in the UK and don't mind waiting ages for some of the games to come out, then get that one. However if you are impatient and want the game as soon as possible, NTSC would be suggested meanin the US/Jap. Now it still has not been confirmed whether there are game region locks. If there is, even though I am in Japan now, I would wait till I can get the PS3 back in Canada.

·
Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Well, from my point of view getting the US version should be the option of choice, because SCE never really liked Europe. Keep in mind that Europe doesn't only consist of UK, but also lots of other small countries with lots of different laws, languages, licensing barriers (ever tried to get an Austrian TV channel over satellite when living in Germany?) and lots of other "restrictions". The market is simply not as attractive as the large-scale US market.

So if you have the chance of getting a US PS3 and US games from your US relatives, don't waste a second thinking!

BTW: What voltage does your power connection provide you with? If it's not compatible to the US electricity, there might be a problem, ya know...

·
Pcsx2 Lover
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
F-3582 said:
BTW: What voltage does your power connection provide you with? If it's not compatible to the US electricity, there might be a problem, ya know...
I am in Pakistan Now and ya know in Pakistan electricity
is 220-230v and tvs are Pal color system.

·
Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Well, the us have 110v @ 60Hz...

I'm not sure, but there might be some transforming devices to convert those two currents. You should ask an electrician about that. The UK, however, have the same voltage/frequency as you.

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,320 Posts
I got my PS2 from USA. I just use a simple step down converter (220V-110V) with my PS2 and it works fine.

IIRC, the NTSC US version gives a 60Hz refresh rate and well, US gets games earlier than Europe (mostly). So I'd pick US over Europe. But honestly, I wouldn't be getting a PS3 before 2007. AND PLEASE, try to avoid the launch time consoles. They have a HIGH probability of failure.

·
Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
Yeah, I remember the arly PSX models overheating in less than an hour! A friend of mine had one of those and he ended up opening it and inserting a custom fan (a pretty noisy custom fan...).

·
Pcsx2 Lover
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Syed Fawad said:
I got my PS2 from USA. I just use a simple step down converter (220V-110V) with my PS2 and it works fine.

IIRC, the NTSC US version gives a 60Hz refresh rate and well, US gets games earlier than Europe (mostly). So I'd pick US over Europe. But honestly, I wouldn't be getting a PS3 before 2007. AND PLEASE, try to avoid the launch time consoles. They have a HIGH probability of failure.
I think Sony is not so foolish from previous experiment (PSX & PS2).
May be this time PS3 system is is tested on higher scale.
But I.ll take your advise seriously. :p

·
Back to regular business
3,317 Posts
More importantly, I hope that they'll finally remove those region locks. At least for those games that definitely won't make it to Europe. I don't wanna have to mod my console again just to play the games I want to!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.