Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running FF9 UK PAL with the patch, works, i go into a battle and the sound slows. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm running on Pete's CDR Plugin, Null2 Audio (Also tried with Pete's, same thing perhaps worse), Lewpy's Glide 3.55, schp7502.bin

-Dan

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Yep. I had the same problem. The way I got around it was to switch the fps limit to manual and set it to 60. Pal games normally run at 50, NTSC at 60 so I think that theres a glitch in the crack or something. BTW it slows fdown slightly whilst entering the battle then as soon as the game switches to battle mode it speeds up again to normal.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
That patch is supposed to serve as a PAL/NTSC selector so maybe you have it set to NTSC. I've never used one of those patches, so I don't really know what I'm talking about. :confused: :emb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm using the patched UK version too.
If you press circle at the patch intro it will start the game in NTSC mode and the swirl effect appears when you go into battle mode.
Unfortunately it doesn't speed it up at all, but at least you've got something to look at while you wait for the fight to begin.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by Adair
That patch is supposed to serve as a PAL/NTSC selector so maybe you have it set to NTSC. I've never used one of those patches, so I don't really know what I'm talking about. :confused: :emb:
sorry mate but I know the difference between an X and a O:p

(pressing X at the start runs it runs as pal/ O as NTSC.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts