Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there i was wondering if there are any tuts on making ISO's with alcohol 120%? and is it possible to convert nero images to .iso or other? and 1 more thing alcohol installs a virtual drive is there a way i could put an icon on the taskbar to easily mount and unmount isos? thanks in adv.. hope i posted in the correct category...

·
Registered
654 Posts
I don't know about tutorials, but there are lots of posts in these forums with advice about what settings to use to make images with alcohol.

As for the virtual drive bit, I haven't had a need for one yet; I have over 60 PS1 games, I've made images of almost all of them, and play them all - including the multi-disk ones - successfully with the Mooby2 CDR plugin (which lets you run an ISO as if it were a CD).

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uhm mr. dan btw how do i use moby2 plug in so far ive made a back up of xeno gears disc 1 and it made 3 files so i used moby it ran but im confused about the decompressing and compressing stuff and oh btw how do i change cds when its time to go to disc 2 using moby? thanks again... BTW yeah i saw some things about alcohol and tried it out... thanks in advance

·
Registered
654 Posts
I don't bother with the compressing/decompressing, I just turn on the compressed property for the folder where I have the images and let Windows XP take care of any compression.

The .IMG file is what you want of the three, unless you're playing a game with copy protection (I've only heard of this with PAL/EU games, not NTSC/US) in which case you want to turn on subchannel reading on the .SUB file.

As for switching disks, as I mentioned in another thread on these forums, you just avoid specifying an image to autoload in Mooby. Leave that part blank. When you start the game, you'll have to specify the image file then (that's what the Favorites is for in the Mooby2 plugin, to help you get quickly to the folder containing your game disk images). When the time comes to change disks, hit ESC, and then in the ePSXe window select File -> Change Disc -> CDROM. You'll then be asked again by Mooby2 to specify the image file to load.

Dan

P.S. All the above info is available by searching these forums. A search with Alcohol and another with Mooby will each yield quite a few useful tidbits.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Don't think it can. Look, just right-click the folder where you're going to put the images, select Properties, then click the Advanced button, check the "Compress Contents" checkbox, then Okay your way out. Then put the image files in that folder. Windows XP will compress them.

Dan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh thank you you've been most helpful :)

EDIT: btw i cant find the options you mentioned for the compressed folders.... i got win xp sp 2. i see the compressed folder at the "Send To" category... is there something wrong with my xp install?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Screenshots follow.

Dan

P.S. Once the folder is designated as compressed, you can move files into it as you normally would and Windows XP will compress them for you. It's not a Zip archive. Windows XP compresses each file individually as it's put into the folder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.