Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to upload a new .bmp avatar which is 65x65 and 12300 bytes. When I tried it said its not a valid .gif or .jpg file. Since when does it have to be .gif or .jpg? My current avatatr is a .bmp. Is it because of the recent forum software update?

B

·
0 Posts
According to the mySQL database, your current one is a jpg, not a bmp - and if your new one is, why don't you just convert it over ?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may wanna double check that SQL database, Bobbi. If you right-click and 'save picture as...' it saves as a .bmp and I made my own avatar by saving a screen in Tehchu2 so I'm possitive its a .bmp. The avatar I wanted to use was made the same way and its the same size in pixels and bytes. I would make it a .jpg, but compression makes it look terrible.

So is it now(since the forum soft update) impossible to use a .bmp as an avatar?

Thanks for your attention.

B

·
0 Posts
According to my knowledge, it was never possible to use a bmp as avatar ... but I'll give it a look. You could mail me yours meanwhile (the new one, bmp) so I can check out what might be wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That's a nice offer Bobbi, but I don't think it'll help because I tried to reupload the avatar I'm(edit: was) currently using(in .bmp format) and it gave me the same message. So it must have been the forum update.

Maybe some how the update converted my .bmp to a .jpg in your SQL database? Anyway it's strange that the file would save as a .bmp and if you look at the pic's properties its says bitmap file.

Anyway here's the pic I was trying to use. WTF? now why isn't it showing the pic instead of just attaching the file?

I guess I'll just make it a .jpg, but the colors aren't as rich.:(

B

·
0 Posts
Never underesteminate a mods/admin's power :)

Nah, just kidding : I uploaded the bmp you gave me in your post and set it as your avatar ... worked fine for me, but that might also be because those restrictions don't apply to admins. Hope you enjoy it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts