Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I don't want BIOS-file, I just need help... My friend has a Play Station 2, and he wants play it with computer. But I don't know what is BIOS, or where it is... I don't mean a website, I mean the BIOS-file. I've heared computer haves it, and so haves Play Station... But I don't just know, where it is :)

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
If you had checked the stickie's you would have found Useful guides to help you get more out of PCSX2 which has a section in it about BIOS dumping and such.;) Just don't ask where to get one, etc....
Also, I'm not too sure what you mean by "playing games", but a note: this emulator is very much incomplete, and doesn't play too many games yet. Anyways, welcome to the forum.:)

·
Banned
19 Posts
very simple

OK
It is very very simple
If you want to play PS2 on PC and in the near future also PS3 (only different BIOS)
You need 3 things
1 fire wire 3 meters long
2 half an hour
3 a toll building

Tie the fire wire around you neck but not to tied we don't want to kill you
And jump out
If you are lucky you will fall into coma and lets say in 20 year when you will wake up You will be able to do so

For now go and buy a PS machine it will be less hurting and much enjoyable

you can wait 3 days and buy a XBOX 360 but for that i will sand you to muhabi desert so lets not start with that ok

go and buy a ps2

MR. G

·
Registered
101 Posts
You shouldn't be so hard on him guys, it's not like he's the first person to come here asking how to play PS2 games on his computer.

Zelecta, diffrent devices such as computers and PS2's have diffrent BIOS's, they are not compatable. The BIOS is permenantly burned into a ROM chip somewhere in your device, and as such it is not normally possible to find it within your file directory. Of course the manufacturers have images of the BIOS, they have to in order to stamp them onto the device when they manufacture them. It is also possible to extract the BIOS image from a device using highly specialized equipment which can be difficult to obtain and set up most of the time. However these images are usually copyrighted so it is illegal to discuss distrabution of them, so all I can tell you is that obtaining a BIOS legally is most likely far too complicated and difficult for a lamen like yourself. Good luck!

·
Read Only
10,484 Posts
Folly said:
You shouldn't be so hard on him guys, it's not like he's the first person to come here asking how to play PS2 games on his computer.
We know that.
And I think that he knows that too.
That's why he could have searched a little, and also, that's why they made the guides so newbies could learn something before asking.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
gilbm, what the crap are you talking about? if there was a "dont be an idiot" rule at emuforums, i'd say you're breaking it. at the very least, that's ridiculous spam. furthermore, this isnt you're first warning. keep it up and expect a ban ;)

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
Folly said:

Zelecta, diffrent devices such as computers and PS2's have diffrent BIOS's, they are not compatable. The BIOS is permenantly burned into a ROM chip somewhere in your device, and as such it is not normally possible to find it within your file directory. Of course the manufacturers have images of the BIOS, they have to in order to stamp them onto the device when they manufacture them. It is also possible to extract the BIOS image from a device using highly specialized equipment which can be difficult to obtain and set up most of the time. However these images are usually copyrighted so it is illegal to discuss distrabution of them, so all I can tell you is that obtaining a BIOS legally is most likely far too complicated and difficult for a lamen like yourself. Good luck!
Tell me where my post was rude or in your words "hard on him". I suggested what he should have done, and I provided links. I even welcomed him to the forum. What else do you think I should have done?oO

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
generalplot said:
Tell me where my post was rude or in your words "hard on him". I suggested what he should have done, and I provided links. I even welcomed him to the forum. What else do you think I should have done?oO
I am sure he was reffering to gilbm's post and not yours. So "just chill chill, just chill". (Thats latest hit song from an Indian movie).

·
Familiar Face
5,307 Posts
Prafull said:
I am sure he was reffering to gilbm's post and not yours. So "just chill chill, just chill". (Thats latest hit song from an Indian movie).
Well, his post said "guys" and only 2 of us had posted at that point, so that could only be me and gilbm. As far as I can tell, that would include me.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.