UFC Welterweight (170 pound) Bout:
Nick Thompson Vs. Keith Wisniewski

UFC Light Heavyweight (205 pound) Bout:
Sam Hoger Vs. Jeff Newton

UFC Heavyweight (265 pound) Bout:
Kevin Jordan Vs. Gabriel Gonzaga

UFC Welterweight (170 pound) Bout:
Thiago Alves Vs. Ansar Chalangov

looks great to me, cant wait, I think that it is going to be Great. Just look at the card. What do you think about the fights? :thumb:

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
I think anyone stupid enough to get in the ring with another person (not to mention hurt another) to get their ass beaten, is, well, stupid. I don't understand the barbaric sport.

:|

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Does UFC stand for ultimate fighting championship?

By the look of it it's not something I'm interested in, perhaps someone else here is. Barbaric sport can be fun to watch, but beating each other up without style is no fun for me. I used to like the old WWF games though, I know it was all show, but it was fun :)

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
Does UFC stand for ultimate fighting championship?

By the look of it it's not something I'm interested in, perhaps someone else here is. Barbaric sport can be fun to watch, but beating each other up without style is no fun for me. I used to like the old WWF games though, I know it was all show, but it was fun :)
correct on the UFC. But you're wrong on the lack of style. There is plenty of style there you just gotta know what you're looking at...its MMA.

·
Coffee Demon
2,916 Posts
Unicron said:
correct on the UFC. But you're wrong on the lack of style. There is plenty of style there you just gotta know what you're looking at...its MMA.
We agree...We are a different breed though. We used to be a ring fighter (sometimes we contemplate making a comeback)..So perhaps we view the sport differently then your average joe.

Oh..to translate further..MMA stands for Mixed Martial Arts. In the past UFC would pit varied styles against each other (Boxer vs Wrestler / Karate vs Sumo for example) but it has evolved into a sport that allows for striking (punches, kicks, elbows, knees, etc) and grappling & submission & ground fighting (wrestling, Val Tudo, Jiu Jitsu, etc). It is the closest thing to what you see in fighting games these days.

The fight card looks very good. We are more into the main events. We have been enjoying Rich Franklins progression, and have been impressed with Matt Hughs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What I like in the card is the GSP vs Shrek match, this maybe the fight of the night ... i routing for old GSP my friendly canadian warrior and think he will win because Shrek hasnt been fighting top level competition (in the past little bit) and was struggling with retirement but if shrek comes in to fight it will be a battle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.