Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
band
4,912 Posts
Every time I see a new Ubuntu release, I ask myself where the hell do they actually get these names from.

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
They actually hold a poll for them :p Expect a wacky adjective and animal name with 'k' for the next release.

/me is downloading Ubuntu 9.04. We have a server that could use a test install I guess :p

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
downloading now.

edit: downloaded and installed, damn its going faster than last time.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
if you want kde and want debian go for Sidux, as it is debian sid with extra scripts for usability and stability. It is rock solid, simple, and fast
Debian automatically converted my windows partition during installation to a dynamic drive... Good thing it was my media drive; though. A quick backup and reformat and I'm back to basic ntfs again.

Need I say more on how bad that was? :dead:

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Got it now, just running from the livecd.
Seems pretty good, no need do download drivers, everything works out-of-the-box.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
I know there's a big fat change log but is there any real notable advantage over its predecessor. v8.10 pretty much worked out-of-the-box too, so I'm looking to save myself the disk space of dl'ing this.

·
Is it a dream...
616 Posts
i'm soaking in it now. some nice improvements. but kubuntu REALLY impressed me. i held out till they fixed up the latest kde. wow, kubuntu is one of the best looking linux distros ive used.... too bad its almost completely unusable...

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Well from what i heard, this release was more focused in performance improvements, and bug fixing.
3G Internet seems to work better now also.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.