Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks as you all know,there were totally 3 test versions that I made for the UAC.Just yesterday I finished testing my last third version and I finally deleted it so from the next few weeks I can start making the final version.BUT since I know how many of you are not so patient about this anymore,before I deleted the third version,I took the part of the code that was one SMALL part of the UAC and decided to make that as a special application which will be over MUCH sooner then the UAC.The application is called Virus Killer version 0.1 which is the part of the UAC explorer,but since I will now need at least 1 year to make the final UAC version,I decided that for MUCH shorter time I also make one part of the UAC which I will give to you all as a special application.Of course that Virus Killer IS going to be the part of the final UAC version as it was in the UAC TEST 3.Note that the Virus Killer is going to be MUCH MORE advanced in the actual UAC explorer then just in this special application.The Virus Killer which will be available as a special application is made in C# 2002 and the UAC will probably be made in C# 2005.

And by the way...SPECIAL THANKS to @ruantec who helped me with the processes code when I needed it the most!:thumb:

Here are some first screenshots of that UAC part which will also be available as a special application:

·
You're already dead...
10,293 Posts
I just have one question... will we have to pay in order to use it? =/
i hope if he charges for it, he at least gives us a discount. i don't have a lot of money right now to spend on software :(

·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
mmmmmmm what should i say..............

glad to see my code could be of help to you ;) anyways there´s something negative i have to say S.T.A.R.S... i still don´t like your GUI sorry :( but don´t worry that´s because am a standard forms hater.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Don't worry lol.The software is free.

Ohh just one note.The option "Enable audio notifications" will be using JUST SOME talking sounds that are the part of the actual UAC.It's pretty cool.Because if for example...you are playing the game and then in the middle of playing you get the irritating text message which turns off the game,that sucks.The audio notification will just say it WITHOUT turning off any of your games,programs or anything else that you are currently working on.Hehe this is also good for those who are lazy to read xD

Probably you have already noticed that you can change colors.I remember many complains on that crapy STARS INTERNET EXPLORER 1.5 who had only the irritating yellow color which you couldn't change rofl!

Note that the UAC,(which will be released in the far future:D),is going to have MUCH more and MUCH better options then this excluded part from the UAC TEST 3.Options such as the EMERGENCY POWER ONLY,programs such as the UAC notepad,UAC calculator,UAC command prompt(new*),UAC media player are NOT included in this excluded part of the UAC TEST 3.

The reason why I excluded this is because I remember many times when I had a virus who was raising all the time.Whenever I would end the process of that virus,the computer would work perfect.But when the virus would raise it's process again,the computer would work slow like hell.So that's why I think that this is going to be useful for those computers who have a virus which is slowing down the computer,and the virus's process is raising itself all the time.It's pretty irritating to go into the task manager to end the process EVERY time it raises.The Virus Killer is going to do that automatically without bothering you at all.Or you can choose to do that manual lol,but I am 99% sure that you are going to choose automatic.;)

There are viruses which are VERY HARD to delete even with the best antivirus softwares,so if you already can't delete the virus,with the Virus Killer you can at least turn that virus off.:D

mmmmmmm what should i say..............

glad to see my code could be of help to you ;) anyways there´s something negative i have to say S.T.A.R.S... i still don´t like your GUI sorry :( but don´t worry that´s because am a standard forms hater.
Lol if the COLORS are the reason then you can change them.If it's something else...ehh...then there is nothing I can do.At least not in this excluded part of the UAC TEST 3.

·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
Lol if the COLORS are the reason then you can change them.If it's something else...ehh...then there is nothing I can do.At least not in this excluded part of the UAC TEST 3.
lol no.... i just have a old habit :D and there are two reasons for that:

1. in the good old C days we had to create our own stuff as we didn´t had tools/controls just like in VS2008.
2. am a graphics(Photoshop) lover and even create most of the stuff my self or use available ones as template.

for that reason i don´t use a single windows control and not a form at all...instead i transform a form into a layer using API and render my GUI myself aswell as my own controls. that´s the reason why am a standard form/GUI hater :p

also that´s the reason why i created this GUI for you a while ago and didn´t use a standard windows form... remember???

anyways don´t worry just do it as you want... is your app after all lol :lol:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I am not so smart like you are heh,but at least I didn't use the classic form like XP look,I used the form and put the border style to NONE and made my own title bar,close and minimize buttons and wrote the code for all 3 functions,including the icon on the left side of the title bar,wrote the code for it also,including the context menu for that icon,and the context menu for the right mouse click on that title bar.Let's just say that I ALWAYS use the border style NONE for ALL forms so that I can customize them on my own by making my own windows,including all the code for moving them,minimizing them,closing them and their context menus.:D

·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
Well I am not so smart like you are heh,but at least I didn't use the classic form like XP look,I used the form and put the border style to NONE and made my own title bar,close and minimize buttons and wrote the code for all 3 functions,including the icon on the left side of the title bar,wrote the code for it also,including the context menu for that icon,and the context menu for the right mouse click on that title bar.Let's just say that I ALWAYS use the border style NONE for ALL forms so that I can customize them on my own by making my own windows,including all the code for moving them,minimizing them,closing them and their context menus.:D
{oh noezzzzzzzz!!!}

lol i never said am smart(just in case :p) i just wanted to show you why i hate standard forms/layout/GUI nothing to worry about :thumb: just code or design your app as you wish... is yours after all :D
i have to say i was worry about you a while ago as people kept laughing at your work and even i was laughing too or critizising your work... to be honest i think i was wrong and it seems that even recognizing yourself that you have to learn a lot you still try to do your best(or what you consider is your best) in order to code or learn something and i think that´s great.

Keep it up :thumb:

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
Don't worry lol.The software is free.
Oh, thank you. I wouldn't be able to pay much for it. =/

Note that the UAC,(which will be released in the far future:D),is going to have MUCH more and MUCH better options then this excluded part from the UAC TEST 3.Options such as the EMERGENCY POWER ONLY,programs such as the UAC notepad,UAC calculator,UAC command prompt(new*),UAC media player are NOT included in this excluded part of the UAC TEST 3.
Will there be a calculator in your browser? Really?! :)

That's nice, because I don't like Windows' scientific calculator very much and to be able to calculate exponentiations/square roots/integrations/logarithms while surfing the web would be awesome.

*Can't wait*

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh, thank you. I wouldn't be able to pay much for it. =/

Will there be a calculator in your browser? Really?! :)

That's nice, because I don't like Windows' scientific calculator very much and to be able to calculate exponentiations/square roots/integrations/logarithms while surfing the web would be awesome.

*Can't wait*
Well if you REALLY REALLY want to pay then sure why not?:dead:Otherwise it's free xD xD xD

Lol you better prepare yourself for a LONG LONG LONG waiting.I just deleted the UAC TEST 3 version and I didn't even start making the final version.:dead:

Just this past 2 days I am wondering should I start making the UAC final version in the C# 2002 or C# 2005 considering that I already started making the Virus Killer 0.1 in the C# 2002...hmm...:rolleyes:

Anyway I am NOT going to start making the final UAC version until the Virus Killer is not finished.Ohh and the release date is like always...UNKNOWN.:D

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,484 Posts
... remember that GUI guidelines page I gave you a while ago? I think there they mentioned why brillian colors are normally not a good option as a background color :heh:

Sigh, well, I guess it's good you are having fun.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The only bad thing is that the colors for the MOUSE ENTER,MOUSE LEAVE,MOUSE DOWN and MOUSE UP events is taking me sooo long because I need to write so much code for each event,not to mention that I need to do this for every single control...button,combo box and so on...:dead:
That is the ONLY reason why I need a little bit longer to make this,otherwise it would already be finished.

Ohh by the way.When I finish this,I will also give you the entire source code for this Virus Killer 0.1 so I was just wondering if you guys who are the C# programmers could take a look and just report if you find any bugs while you use this software.I don't mean that you read the entire SOURCE code,just to report the bugs while using the software.
NOTE: If you see that some code CAN be enhanced,BUT IT IS NOT a bug,don't report that.Report ONLY the part of the code that really IS a bug.:D

·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
The only bad thing is that the colors for the MOUSE ENTER,MOUSE LEAVE,MOUSE DOWN and MOUSE UP events is taking me sooo long because I need to write so much code for each event,not to mention that I need to do this for every single control...button,combo box and so on...:dead:
That is the ONLY reason why I need a little bit longer to make this,otherwise it would already be finished.

Ohh by the way.When I finish this,I will also give you the entire source code for this Virus Killer 0.1 so I was just wondering if you guys who are the C# programmers could take a look and just report if you find any bugs while you use this software.I don't mean that you read the entire SOURCE code,just to report the bugs while using the software.
NOTE: If you see that some code CAN be enhanced,BUT IT IS NOT a bug,don't report that.Report ONLY the part of the code that really IS a bug.:D
mmm change colors on mouse events such as move, down, up etc. can be done very easy and it could be made very smooth... are you sure you´re not writing un-necessary code?

Another tip from me :
when it comes to loops even advanced coders do mistakes sometimes but if you keep re-checking your code you can archieve speeds in every area... even on XP desktop which is known to be lazy as hell when it comes to refresh... check this out:

as you can see if you optimize your code well you could even render a 3D Model/App on your XP desktop and get decent speeds :thumb: and there´s no need to write much code.

Regards
@ruantec

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
if you want to be considered for credibility, drop the IE engine and start using Gecko.

People have moved from FailExplorer for a reason.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Lol who mentioned the IE?:D

mmm change colors on mouse events such as move, down, up etc. can be done very easy and it could be made very smooth... are you sure you´re not writing un-necessary code?

Another tip from me :
when it comes to loops even advanced coders do mistakes sometimes but if you keep re-checking your code you can archieve speeds in every area... even on XP desktop which is known to be lazy as hell when it comes to refresh... check this out:

as you can see if you optimize your code well you could even render a 3D Model/App on your XP desktop and get decent speeds :thumb: and there´s no need to write much code.

Regards
@ruantec
I am going to mention you in the about dialog.Something like SPECIAL THANKS TO @ruantec for blablabla...":rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Bwahahahaha oh ****!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAH this is ****ing GOLD!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Bwahahahaha oh ****!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAH this is ****ing GOLD!
Pff...no comment...

Hey guys I need help with one thing.The code I used for opening and closing the CD-ROM tray worked in C# 2005 and C# 2008,but it doesn't work in C# 2002.Here is what I did.I added the namespace:

using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

I wrote the following code for OPENING and CLOSING the CD-ROM tray on mouse CLICK event.First one is for opening and second for closing:

api.mciSendString("set CDAudio door open", null, 127, 0);

api.mciSendString("set CDAudio door closed", null, 127, 0);

Then I created the API class and imported those 2 DLL files:

public
class api
{

[DllImport("winmm.dll", EntryPoint = "mciSendStringA")]
public static extern int mciSendString(string lpstrCommand, string lpstrReturnString, int uReturnLength, int hwndCallback);

[DllImport("kernel32.dll", EntryPoint = "GetVolumeInformationA")]
public static extern int GetVolumeInformation(string lpRootPathName, StringBuilder lpVolumeNameBuffer, int nVolumeNameSize, int lpVolumeSerialNumber, int lpMaximumComponentLength, int lpFileSystemFlags, string lpFileSystemNameBuffer, int nFileSystemNameSize);

[DllImport("kernel32.dll", EntryPoint = "GetDriveTypeA")]
public static extern int GetDriveType(string nDrive);
}

And I used the String Builder on the form LOAD event:

string s ="";
StringBuilder volumeName = new StringBuilder(256);
int srNum = new int();
int comLen = new int();
string sysName = "";
int sysFlags = new int();
int result;
string [] logDrives = System.IO.Directory.GetLogicalDrives();
for (int i = 0; i < logDrives.Length; i++)
{
if (api.GetDriveType(logDrives) == 5)
{
s +=
"Your CD ROM is on drive : " + logDrives.ToString() + "\n";
result =
api.GetVolumeInformation(logDrives.ToString(), volumeName, 256, srNum, comLen, sysFlags, sysName, 256);
if (result == 0)
s +=
"there is NO CD in ur CD ROM";
else
{
s +=
"There is a CD inside ur CD ROM and its name is " + volumeName;
}
}
}

This code worked perfectly on Visual C# 2005 and 2008.However in Visual C# 2002 I am getting an error for the StringBuilder.How can I make this code work in C# 2002???Here is the following error in Visual C# 2002:

C:\Documents and Settings\ANY USER\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\TEST\TEST\Form1.cs(141): The type or namespace name 'StringBuilder' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

ANY HELP WOULD BE LIKE ALWAYS MUCH APPRECIATED!!!:thumb:

Omg ROFL I am so stupid.The only thing I needed to do to make this work is to include the following namespace:

using System.Text;

Omg loooool.After all these days of trying to get wth is wrong,now I see how stupid the answer was xD!!I guess the that namespace is already automatically included in Visual C# 2005 and not in 2002. xD xD xD

Thanks for the help anyway XD XD XD!
Next time I will take a look at those damn namespaces...:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
StringBuilder is part of the Text namespace so you have two ways to do that..

1. using System.Text;
2. System.Text.StringBuilder

if it doesn´t you will have to decompile the namespace and write the code yourself then.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ohh man those colors are so irritating heh xD!!

Anyway I was just surfing the google and was trying to find out one thing for the mainMenu and the contextMenu control in Visual C# 2002.I just can't find the answer...the thing I want to do is to change the background color and the fore color of those 2 controls.That can be done in the properties window,but only in the C# 2005 or newer.How the hell can I do that in C# 2002?Also about the events.There is the CLICK and the SELECT event which I do use for my mouse hover and mouse click sound,but there are no any mouse down,mouse leave and mouse up events for those 2 controls...I cannot change the font size,the back color and the fore color on the menuItem1(the button in the contextMenu control or so called context menu strip control in C# 2005 or newer):(Is there ANY way of how that can be done in C# 2002?I just CAN'T find the answer on the internet and I tryed so many times.:(Can I somehow install those 2 controls in the Visual C# 2002???Heh......(stupid idea I know):dead:
As much as I remember I already asked about this problem in some other posts...uhm...I think.
If anyone here has ANY idea of how this can be done,I would be so grateful if you tell me.:D

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.