Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My whole life every computer I bought had a motherboard with Via chipset, even now I have a motherbaord with Via K133 chipset......lately I read an article regarding nForce and I was very very very impressed.....but when I read about k266a.....hmmmmm....well its not bad at all.........!.....

What would be my choice well, I would rather go for an nForce, but before that I would check out this baby made by Gigabyte......check out this motherboard ........its not bad at all.......
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/products/7vtxh.htm

but one thing that I liked about nforce was the builtin G-Force256 and an awesome sound card with Dolby Digital Sound and Surround Option, and also support for 4 and even 5 speakers.....!

well I guess my votes go for nForce...........what the price of it........can anyone tell me that.....!

Ali

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
nForce: great chipset + great spu + crap gpu
kt266a: awesome chipset and fastest chipset available (as of now) + costs less..

since they are pretty much toe-to-toe on performance, the spu would be the only reason i would buy an nForce, but since I'm not sure bout the actual price of nForce+the spu, and i already have a kickass soundcard, if i ever upgrade I'd still choose the kt266a. Also, nvidia is really new at the chipset market.. so I might just want to wait for their next gen chipset to come out..

·
Registered
310 Posts
I go where most scores go and right now the scores are going nowhere!(coz most of em are not out yet!) maybe next year then.

>was the builtin G-Force256
actually its much more of a geForce 2 mx

this is old news I don't know if they're still reliable: nForce prices go around $50 more than the usual mobo

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A great motherboard by Gigabayte with K266A chipset is out.......well Xeven you were quite rational with your comments....and I think what you said is quite much applicable.....!

But one thing you should know is that nVidia is not new to chipsets, they have been making these for more then 4 to 5 years...so I guess there is no risk in buying this baby.....!

where as Via is concerned, well it is always reliable and referable......!

Ali

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Originally posted by Ali
But one thing you should know is that nVidia is not new to chipsets, they have been making these for more then 4 to 5 years...
Ali
nope, you would be referring to graphics chips.. not PC chipsets.. which are two very different things..;) A chipset is composed of the North Bridge which basically connects your processor to memory and graphics hardware, and you're South Brigde which is basically for pheripheral control, hence the word "chipset".. While the graphics chip, well.. you know what that is.. :)

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Xeven

nope, you would be referring to graphics chips.. not PC chipsets.. which are two very different things..;) A chipset is composed of the North Bridge which basically connects your processor to memory and graphics hardware, and you're South Brigde which is basically for pheripheral control, hence the word "chipset".. While the graphics chip, well.. you know what that is.. :)
There is a hell of a difference between the two chipsets......what I meant to say was that though they have made their first chipset for motherboard, but we cannot say that it would have bugs in it, like over heating, and etc etc suff related to it......! since they have been making it for many years...........but one thing which might be right is that sice this is there first one therefore the performance of these chipsets might not be as better as others.....the tme will tell that......!

Ali

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
I'd go for KT266A, nVidia doesn't have much experience with the chipset market yet, and tests have shown that KT266A can perform a bit better than nForce. The integrated Geforce2 is kind of outdated, and probably people would have to buy a new one. The spu seems to be good, but nothing that a SB Audigy wouldn't do. Finally, the price definately makes KT266A my choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts