Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, im new here at emuforums, but i've gone here for references alot though.

So, to the matter at hand, first of all i want to bring up the Save/Load issue with Rune Factory.

My rom file was named:
"
1330 - Rune Factory A Fantasy Harvest Moon (U)(Xenophobia).NDS
"
I was thinking there shouldn't be a problem with the game saving so all i did was think about that redicolusly long name. I shortened it to:
"
1330 - Rune Factory A Fantasy Harvest Moon (U).NDS
"
And the same with the save file to. Problem solved!

I think that No$GBA couldn't handle a TO long save file name. Now it saves EVERYTIME and loads for that matter to everytime.

To the second topic i want to bring up. That, as i bet many others have done, is the Wi-Fi implemention.

I read about it in a thread that he had the codings for it but he didn't know how to implement it in the coding. (That thread was almost 2 years old)

Now im asking if there's anybody that got an update on how our friend is doing on this topic at hand.

What i've been thinking about would be if there's any way to emulate, in a third party program or something, the "Nintendo Wi-Fi USB connector" To lure the emulator that its a real handheld game and connect to a "emulated" wifi connection.

Or

If there's any wireless router emulater out there that could be implemented with No$GBA.

All i've been thinking about was if anyone out there has a USB connector. He could use Ethereal to track down the packages that specifically the USB connector send through your internet connection.

Im just bouncing ideas. And i have actually read programming but i never were any good at implementing things into the code. I allways thought outside the box!

Well any ideas?

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
If it was implemented, the performance hit would not be so much of a good thing for alot of users

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
1) You've downloaded roms, and your post shows, this thread will be locked/edited. Read the forum rules before posting again.
2) Your ideas to reverse engineer the DS wifi are plain stupid. More talented (and intelligent) people have been working on it for quite a lot of years, and are getting a small ammount results NOW. Emulating it will be harder, so don't expect it working anytime soon. Also avoid trying to tell coders how they should work, it's hilarous and pathetic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) You've downloaded roms, and your post shows, this thread will be locked/edited. Read the forum rules before posting again.
2) Your ideas to reverse engineer the DS wifi are plain stupid. More talented (and intelligent) people have been working on it for quite a lot of years, and are getting a small ammount results NOW. Emulating it will be harder, so don't expect it working anytime soon. Also avoid trying to tell coders how they should work, it's hilarous and pathetic.
1) I haven't downloaded roms im just pointing out that people with this problem IS because of their saveing names we're to long. All i've done was downloading a freeware rom(homemade) and tryed out my theory. Which later on proved to be right. YES i used the original games name because i wanted to prove my theory. But what i've heard there's no law against looking on a site that has roms WITHOUT downloading them.

2)Im not telling anyone WHAT to do. Im just wondering if anyone got any information on how's its going. Sorry for asking questions in a forum that is about this emulator!

Idk if you just woke up on the wrong side or anything but im not the kind to jump on people.

So i will say im sorry sir shashClp for bothering you and all those out there that took my topic as an insult!

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Xenophobia is a known rom release group, thus you did in fact download the games and thus your topic is now locked in accordance with the [rules]Emuforums Rules[/rules] (refer to the Warez Policy)

Also I already advise against having any special characters or spacing in the name (so that name just contains letters (and the extension obviously)), so what you mentioned is nothing new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.