Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Generic PC game pads both with vibration support .

It took me a while to get Analog working for both my controllers. First controller always works but eventually I found that through trial and error if I repeatedly mash F5 and F6 while holding down a direction on the second analog controller the second controller will start working.

The best place to do this is in places like the Crash Team Racing character selection screen, where if you change character it makes a distinctive noise, just hold down the analog stick, mash away and listen for the noise.

Sometimes this will turn off player 1 analog so make sure it still works, often pressing F5 or F6 again will enable player 1 analog. Both pads will work until ePSXe is closed.

My second task is to get rumble working on both pads, currently rumble works on the first pad with no trouble however the second pad will cause the first pad to rumble during two player games so obviously all rumble is being sent to the first pad.

I have tried DXJoy2 and DXJoy5 settings for the second pad (firstpad is DXJoy1). I'm not entirely sure what the significance of the DXjoy numbers are, are they the DirectX id from DXDiag?

Has anyone got rumble working on both pads and if so how did you do it?

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Dx joy 1 and 2..... thats all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Squall, turns out my pads are DXPad 1 and DXPad 3, each pad will only rumble if its set as the first pad so if I set DXPad 3 as my first player pad it will rumble but no matter how I arrange it the second players pad will never rumble.

Anyone managed to solve this problem? I love ePSXe its just a shame it doesnt allow input plugins.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.