1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
9600m gt is better

·
Registered
102 Posts
first go by the hundreds number, then by the thousands then by the letters at the end of the name..

so

9600 is better than 9200

i think a 8800 would be better than a 9600

and a 9800 would be better than an 8800. because it's the new generation of the model.

and an 8800gtx (if that exsists) would be better than an 9800gt

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,479 Posts
first go by the hundreds number, then by the thousands then by the letters at the end of the name..

so

9600 is better than 9200

i think a 8800 would be better than a 9600

and a 9800 would be better than an 8800. because it's the new generation of the model.

and an 8800gtx (if that exsists) would be better than an 9800gt
The 8800 mobile series GPUs have significant issues with heat dissipation many have overheated over time. A 9XXX series mobile GPU is faster, more reliable, runs cooler, uses less energy, and allows the battery to last longer. And yes, the mobile 8800GTX does, indeed exist.

·
Registered
102 Posts
yes thats because just with like all the rest of the new models for example proccessors (65 to 45nm) they have been able to make smaller and more efficiant parts, that don't require so much power nor do they cause so much heat. :D

((to the original poster 65nm for a processsor is bigger than 45nm and in my opinion is a powerwaster/doesn't work as well, and it's older))

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Ummm, no, that's not exactly it. Nvidia's mobile line up of the 8xxx series are defective. They tried sweeping it under the rug instead of doing a recall. They knew the 8xxx mobile GPUs had a heat flaw. If someone offers you a deal on a laptop with a 8600GT, don't fall for it.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
I'm not aware of them having any physical issues...but I do know they had a crap load of driver problems in their days.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hell yeah... those things can't support very much of anything, i put a crappy 32megabyte nvidia 420 against it, and it got blown out of the water... that card (the ati, is putting up like a max of 10FPS on games and heating up uselessly)

Who knows....

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Normally, yes, this would be true, but with the GeForce 9 series, most of them being renamed or slightly tweaked G92 8800 class cards, the 9800GT is nothing more than an 8800GT. They're both the same card. Yes, some 9800GTs are 55nm instead of 65nm, and come clocked higher by default, but the performance is the same, and the 9800GT doesn't have any huge advantages in overclocking, let alone you won't even know if you're getting a 55nm part or a 65nm part.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Hell yeah... those things can't support very much of anything, i put a crappy 32megabyte nvidia 420 against it, and it got blown out of the water... that card (the ati, is putting up like a max of 10FPS on games and heating up uselessly)

Who knows....
:lol:

Well, the ATI you mentioned is an integrated chip to start off...of course the dedicated, though crappy, Nvidia card out performs it!

I remember when I first got my GeForce 2MX to replace my 8MB integrated GPU. It was like night and day for all my games ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts