Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did a bit of research on this game... finally figured out that I could get it running decently on NGZoom, so I just started using that, and then realized that I need to get around certain crash points in the game.

So, is there anybody who can point me in the direction of key crash points in the game, and how to skirt around them?

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Where did it crash and what were the error messages?

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
I remember that being an issue with Ideas, but it should work with NGZoom. Do you use 2.6a and NGZoom or No$Zoomer? Is the game displayed in full-screen?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I remember that being an issue with Ideas, but it should work with NGZoom. Do you use 2.6a and NGZoom or No$Zoomer? Is the game displayed in full-screen?
2.6a through NGZoom. I tried No$Zoomer, but I was having the black characters issue. I don't have that problem through NGZoom though.

Anyway, I don't know, that's where I crashed. I tried running it through IdeaS, but the audio was so horrible and mutilated, I couldn't even stand trying to get through the intro movie.

Anywho, maybe I should try it again and hope it doesn't crash the second time around? I don't know, I thought that others had this issue as well.

Edit: No, I didn't play it on full screen. I like to be able to read walkthroughs while I play on my emulators.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
....don't bump threads....

The reason you have not gotten an answer is because very few (if any) people experienced such a crash and you have provided little new info...

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Could you post some system specs of yours? Operation system, mostly...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
....don't bump threads....

The reason you have not gotten an answer is because very few (if any) people experienced such a crash and you have provided little new info...
Would you rather I create a new thread instead? I've given all important info I can think of, I've answered everybody's question. All i can do is keep the thread from falling off the front page, and hope somebody with an answer sees it.

Could you post some system specs of yours? Operation system, mostly...
It' 4 AM and I don't feel like digging for all my specs (it's good enough to run Assassin's Creed on max graphic settings, so I highly doubt graphics or memory are the problem). However, I'm running on Vista 32 bit.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
If almost no one has experienced any crash points then there's almost no one that can give you an answer...

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I just used "almost" to cover myself in case dozens of people suddenly pop up who say they experienced crashes....you are the first person though who I have actually seen mention crash problems with The World Ends with You...well for this emu that is...on iDeaS yeah, the game crashes on that exact same spot...on no$gba no

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just used "almost" to cover myself in case dozens of people suddenly pop up who say they experienced crashes....you are the first person though who I have actually seen mention crash problems with The World Ends with You...well for this emu that is...on iDeaS yeah, the game crashes on that exact same spot...on no$gba no
That's nice. Why are you making such a big deal out of this? Do you really need to derail my thread because having it bumped once or twice a day is that offensive to you? Seriously, I don't want to turn into a jerk here, but can't you just leave well enough alone?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Well sure I can...but the thread will go something like :" Next post : bump; Post After : bump; Post After : I experienced no crashes (possibly in worse english); Post After : B.U.M.P; Post after : no crashes here either...many bumps later someone finally gives up...

I would love to help you, I really would...but there's nothing to do...and even if we locate crash spots like the one you mentioned...it can't just be aborted...and there's no known method of fixing it as no one has experienced the crash...so then you may as well give up playing the game anyways...

I am not trying to be a jerk (although I admit I do a fairly good job of being one 99% of the time)...I am just trying to prevent pointlessness...and bumping really is not permitted...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Well sure I can...but the thread will go something like :" Next post : bump; Post After : bump; Post After : I experienced no crashes (possibly in worse english); Post After : B.U.M.P; Post after : no crashes here either...many bumps later someone finally gives up...

I would love to help you, I really would...but there's nothing to do...and even if we locate crash spots like the one you mentioned...it can't just be aborted...and there's no known method of fixing it as no one has experienced the crash...so then you may as well give up playing the game anyways...
Then that's my problem to deal with. Nobody is forcing you to read this thread. I appreciate your desire to help, but if you're not able to help, telling me to stop asking is severely more counterproductive than just moving on to the next thread.

I've said my peace about this subject, so if I reply to this thread again, it will only be to attempt to get an answer to my original question.

Well, the game crashed on me while the hero was doing the running cut scene right after the first forced fight with the frogs. Unfortunately, I can't recall the error message right now, as I got it late last night before I went to bed.
I just tested the game again, and it crashed in the exact same spot. Here is a screenshot of the crash:

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
which version of the emu is that anyways?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
which version of the emu is that anyways?
it's NGZoom 1.0.0.1, using No$GBA 2.6a. To be honest, I have problems getting NGZoom to boot up in the first place most of the time. Usually when I boot it up, the emulator pops up, then crashes before the game even boots onto the screen. Usually after I go into the 2.6a and tweak with the save type a few times, NGZoom will boot up properly, but I don't know if that actually fixes it, or if it's just coincidence (since every time I open up No$GBA, the save type is back on "auto" no matter what I changed it to).

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
given No$Zoomer a shot?
they should both make the game playable the same way though....so I don't know what's up....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.