Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ABC reports that the host of a new Dutch talk show says he is going to take heroin and other illegal drugs on air for his TV show. The show premiers on October 10 and the translation of the show’s title is “Shoot Up and Swallow.” The host will go on a drinking binge in a bunch of bars, and will take LSD under his mother’s supervision.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
good, now we youngster have some nice examples to dive in the drug's world ;)

ArchIBaLD said:
is that even legal? :|
Ivo Hommes said:
"The actual taking of drugs is a health problem, not a criminal act, though it's obviously hard to take drugs without possessing them first,"
I suggest he doesn't think that many crimes, including homicides and general violence are provocated by traffic of drugs

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
caipirinha said:
that's ****ing sad, let's hope he dies from an overdose and his mother is killed by drug dealers , all live on tv so it sets a pretty good example of his stupidity.
YES!

Let's wish him dead for doing what he wants to try out on himself! Let's wish his mother a brutal murder for supervising one such action! Let's have it all broadcast live so the teenagers watching will be able to see the gruesomeness instead of something educational! Come on! Let's all hope tragedy strikes!

"YEEHAW! LOOK MOMMY! I CAN TYPE WITH NO TEETH!"

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Samor said:
only in NL :p

no wonder everyone thinks we're a bunch of loonies.....
well, we are, but not like that ;P
or...?
lol :lol:

Well to be honest I don't care about this that much... There's still a switch on the tv, you don't have to watch it if you don't want to. Seeing it's in the late night hours it is targeted at a mature adience, not children. And it's not like I've never seen some guys completely f***** out of their mind because of drugs... (I've been to enough parties, I think TOFKAZ can confirm what the party scene here looks like) So it's not like it's something new if you ever leave your house :p

Given it's already got so much publicity I think there might be some politicians trying to stop this program. At this moment they know he will be having illegal drugs in his possession so it might be a bit difficult to do recordings of the show.

And if he will die from overdose it will set a nice example, I don't care that much about him. Whatever happens, happens, if he wants to find out what effect it has on him, so be it :p

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Now i will watch this show to see this fool screw himself up,i love it.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
I decided to give this thread a little kick in the behind to talk about it.

I've seen this program two times now, unfortunately not from the beginning of the show because whenever I watch tv it's when I go to bed. I'm not the kind of person who will stay at home for a certain program, or even leaves his pc :p (except for Cowboy Bebop now :D )

What I noticed was that this show is a lot more mature that I had expected it to be from BNN, which is the rebellious child of Dutch public television. I read a lot of criticism in newspaper before the first show was even shown on tv. I really think it would be a good thing to let all those ppl watch the show at least once.

Most of the time the hosts are sitting around a table with one or two well known Dutch celebs and some unknown regulars who know enough about 'the ****'. Last night they were talking about LSD and they had DJ Jean with them as well, and what I noticed was that they were talking really openly about it. One of the hosts had tried LSD himself and he was explaining his experience with it. I didn't see him take it, perhaps that shot was shown in the beginning of the show. He didn't seem like he was spacing out during the show anyways.

Another aspect of the show is sex. One of the members of the team will lock himself up in a bedroom with whatever he wants to experience. Last week he got an erotic massage, and this week he had a plastic vagina to toy around with. At the end of the show the female host will go to his room and ask him what he experienced. No nudity or whatever, all talk no action, sorry guys :p

The only really controversial thing I saw last night was a video of someone who had made his own sex homevideo. Yeah I saw some nudity, but by far not as bad as I got to see at some IE users' computers :rolleyes: And definately not enough to call it even entertaining, or to put it directly: To get me a boner.
Reporters also asked young ppl on the street if they ever made a home video. Of course this last part falls a bit in between entertainment and pure information. Knowing if other couples make home videos doesn't add anything to your own knowledge about sex and drugs, but it's funny to see reactions on the street :D

I would love to see some comments from you guys, Samor and Gaurav, if you've seen the show. Personally I think it's by far not as bad as the media made wanted us to believe. I certainly don't think this is an indication of moral decline, in fact it's just breaking a taboo. IMO it is the perfect mix between popular entertainment and giving information about things hardly talked about in public in a serious way.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,824 Posts
I haven't seen it; I really do not watch a whole lot of tv; also, I'm a conservative bastard who thinks BNN should've been kicked off the television when no one wanted it, but some stupid minister or something decided it should stay.
I did read about the show in a paper, btw. Didn't sound like something I'd want to watch anyway.

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
It was pure coincidence I was looking at the show, like said, it happened to be on when I turned my tv on before going to bed :p Because of all the fuzz about it and because I'm interested I decided to watch. And it's not as bad as most pessimists wanted me to believe before they had even seen one show ;)

I'm not fan of BNN myself either, I still remember all the effort they put into getting the required amount of members to get any broadcasting time on tv. However I do think it's good they're still there, just to have something else aside from the regular stuff. I'm neutral towards them.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I haven't seen it, because I'm not interested nor have had any time for it. I was told about it by people who've seen it, though.

Cid Highwind said:
What I noticed was that this show is a lot more mature that I had expected it to be from BNN, which is the rebellious child of Dutch public television. I read a lot of criticism in newspaper before the first show was even shown on tv. I really think it would be a good thing to let all those ppl watch the show at least once.
Ha, each and every "controversial" idea gets criticized before executed or details are confirmed, in society. The game "Bully" is an even better example these days, seeing how no relevant details whatsoever were released before politicians had formed an opinion.

This show has endured the same. People are morons, even in this thread.

From what I heard about the show, they're trying all sorts of stuff. Even some trinket that would allow you to feel a blowjob in a movie and such. Which didn't work. :p I think this show caters to many peoples' interests, and in that sense, it's a good initiative. Further more, it's educational. So I agree with Cid. Other than that, I have little to say.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.