Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all of those who are having trouble with this game.

Once you LEGALLY dupe YOUR COPY of the game, it will be protected against piracy, to bypass this using No$GBA, just use an Action Replay cheat:

020CAE48 E3A00000
020CAE4C E12FFF1E
020CB1B0 E3A00000
020CB1B4 E12FFF1E

The game will save and it will not crash on the first battle.

-EDIT-

And PLEASE don't post saying that you downloaded your rom, I don't want this thread closed.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
no it won't.

Protection bypass codes are perfectly within the forums rules.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Thats schumi's slightly off target interpretation of the Antipiracy rule.

AntiProtection gamefixes are perfectly fine, as ngemu also hosts PPF patches and allows the discussion of them. (PPF Patches are compiled patches used to work around Disk based protections)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
er... no nothing like that, Hes just not sure on the rules over content mentioning protection override methods.

We are getting Kirby's views on it, but it should generally be ok, since ngemu used to host, and hopefully will again, a great number of PPF patches, which are precompiled patch files, as well as various rom editingi discussions such as the psx disk merge tools.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Yeah, my erroneous judgement call has been corrected by Kirby, so henceforth I will not edit or disallow the posting of anti-piracy check bypass cheats.
I appologise to those of you that I have already chastised for this (although other than me telling you not do it and editing your post no further action was ever taken so there's nothing to reverse).

It would however be more usefull for you (or someone else) to collect a bunch of them and then start a thread which we can then maintain and sticky rather than dozens of individual threads popping up for all the different games.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
If you use the correct savetype then it will save. Do some research first by checking the stickied FAQ before making claims like that one.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
If you set the savetype, activate the bypass code, and then reset the game, it'll let you play and save.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
With 2.6a and NGZoom (dont know if it's required), it is the way it works for me...

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
Should be US.

EDIT: Thinking about it briefly, it definitely is. Else it may need a different bypass code.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
EEPROM 64KB. For any further game, refer to the link in my sig.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.