Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hehe..more turok screenshots. Wireframe shows that the index buffers are being rendered correctly, just need vertex shaders. Everything runs very very smooth..

I should also mention that this only works with my NVidia card, the ATI radeon pushes all the vertices in the upper left corner. This is almost definately going to be fixed when some of kingofc's work is integrated.

caustik

· Leading the way.
836 Posts
Caustik, do you ever emulate in fullscreen?

· Canadian Spaceman
8,906 Posts
Computertrendy said:
Caustik, do you ever emulate in fullscreen?
I would think that is for stability. On irc he said it crashes alot when he is testing, so running in window mode helps save from having to reset.

· PuNkwHoRe
167 Posts
don't know what's the purpose of fullscreen anyway :p
it's just testing ;)

great job there caustik, can't wait to see more progress :D

· Leading the way.
836 Posts
CHaos just asked a question I wanted to. Another thing: Does fullscreen have a problem with you, or is it something that just doesn't work well with everyone?

· Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, I test mostly with a GeForce FX 5900 and an ATI Radeon 9700. This gives me the high performance end of both popular chipsets. The only current issue that I know of relating to ATI cards is some differences in vertex rendering. This issue seems to be fixable by patching vertex buffers, I just have not yet integrated this code from Kingofc's build.

caustik

· Registered
1,056 Posts
caustik said:
Yes, I test mostly with a GeForce FX 5900 and an ATI Radeon 9700. This gives me the high performance end of both popular chipsets. The only current issue that I know of relating to ATI cards is some differences in vertex rendering. This issue seems to be fixable by patching vertex buffers, I just have not yet integrated this code from Kingofc's build.

caustik
Nice I wish I had both :p I just got a 9700 pro.

· Registered
198 Posts
Great shots!!! ahh caustik ... you said that you need only vertex shaders - does it mean that this emu will only work with cards with shaders???

sorry i just rememberd that this emu has too software emulated vertex shaders :) But it will be hell a slow :p Must upgrade :(

· Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Guruma - The format is different on the Xbox, so there is transcoding/recompiling involved. There is also the fact that I'd like to try supporting lower end cards, so I would like to have Cxbx fallback on the fixed function pipeline if a card doesn't support shaders at all.

Kingofc has implemented at least a partial vertex shader recompiler in his developmental build, much of it I will have to rewrite to fit in with the CVS and also I will probably do optimizations wherever I can. It is very nice that kingofc has done this type of work, because now and down the road his work will be seen in the CVS and we can all appreciate the fruits of his labor :)

Anyway, hopefully I'll be hacking away at vertex shaders tonight. Just so long as I dont get too distracted :)

Caustik

· Registered
1,056 Posts
caustik said:
Guruma - The format is different on the Xbox, so there is transcoding/recompiling involved. There is also the fact that I'd like to try supporting lower end cards, so I would like to have Cxbx fallback on the fixed function pipeline if a card doesn't support shaders at all.

Kingofc has implemented at least a partial vertex shader recompiler in his developmental build, much of it I will have to rewrite to fit in with the CVS and also I will probably do optimizations wherever I can. It is very nice that kingofc has done this type of work, because now and down the road his work will be seen in the CVS and we can all appreciate the fruits of his labor :)

Anyway, hopefully I'll be hacking away at vertex shaders tonight. Just so long as I dont get too distracted :)

Caustik
I would like to take this time to give a big old thanks to Kingofc. :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.