Turbo Engine 0.31 released
A new release for Turbo Engine. This is a small update. Only some front-end feature have been fixed/added.
No emulation related changes have been made. Major additions include support for IOCTL to handle physical CDROM on Windows 2k/XP/Vista operating systems. This means you don’t need ASPI manager (wnaspi32.dll) anymore. Complete localization/translation support has been added as well. You can translate anything including messages, dialog, menus etc.. Cheating support was fixed and a converter is now available to convert from MAME/MESS XML cheat format to Turbo Engine’s cheat DATs from here. A few other things have been fixed and added as well.
AamirM's Home Page - Turbo Engine 16Version 0.31
This is a small update. Only some front-end feature have been fixed/added.
No emulation related changes have been made.
* On Win2k/XP/Vista, IOCTL is used to handle CDROM now. This means you don't
need ASPI manager (wnaspi32.dll) anymore on those operating systems.
You can however still enable ASPI if you want by modifying "TurboEngine.ini"
and setting "ForceASPI=1". On 9x/ME systems, it'll use ASPI automatically.
* Cheats fixed (again). A cheat converter is also available on my homepage
which can convert cheats from MESS/MAME's XML to Turbo Engine's cheat DATs.
* Complete localization/translation support (including dialog boxes).
See the "Localization.txt" in "Languages" folder for information on translating.
If you do a translation, please please and PLEASE do submit them to me.
* Turbo Engine now warns for unconfigured BIOS while loading CDROM games.
* CD ripping works in another thread so that the GUI is updated and emulator doesn't
get freezed until ripping is finished.
* Added command line support. The syntax is:
"TurboEngine [--fullscreen] path_to_rom.[bin,pce,zip,7z,cue,iso]"
* Fixed some crashes. Improved stability a bit (hopefully).
* Increased speed. Now it should be a little faster (but don't expect too fast).
A lot more is still to be done in this area .