Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hehe just wondering......any chance of putting in a turbo button on there?

like, setting any keys to be repeatingly super inhumanly fastly pressed. =)

S

·
0 Posts
Why, what purpose would this serve?:confused: I sincerely doubt that the ePSXe team will even consider this (even if it could be done) as I am certain that they have more important aspects of PSX emulation in ePSXe that they are working on.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Er try this:

1. press delete in game
2. goto the fps limit option
3. switch it off

Voila, turbo mode ;)

Repeat proceedure to disable

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
Er try this:

1. press delete in game
2. goto the fps limit option
3. switch it off

Voila, turbo mode ;)

Repeat proceedure to disable
:confused: I guess he didnt meant turbo concerned to speed he meant turbo keys just like good old nes (remember continuous firing in contra ?).

·
Mr. Stupendous
1,138 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
Why, what purpose would this serve?:confused: I sincerely doubt that the ePSXe team will even consider this (even if it could be done) as I am certain that they have more important aspects of PSX emulation in ePSXe that they are working on.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

i believe its very uesful. there are those games where you cant continue without watching a menu or some credits ect. a turbo button would be very usful for getting past these things - though it is easy to do manually with the delete key

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Originally posted by mocharock
IN linux you can set up a macro to i.e. <ctrl>+z to buttom whatever 5,000,000,000,000,000,000 times or what ever
I guess you refer to the macro option in padJoy; no, there is a limit of 100 events per macro; but you can make a macro where the last event is the event that launches the macro, thus running infinite: (the following is a part of cfg/padAmmoq.cfg with the latest version of padJoy)
[macro 2]
event_launch = B0P2
events = B0P3 B0R3 B0P2
interval = 0 500 500

This means that pressing button 2 (the 3rd button, since counting starts with 0) will press and release button 3, then restart. Interval times are given in 1/10000 secs; 500 is a good value, smaller values might cause it to drop events.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by Prafull

:confused: I guess he didnt meant turbo concerned to speed he meant turbo keys just like good old nes (remember continuous firing in contra ?).
Oops, my bad. Thought he meant a speed up option :emb:

Anyways, what's wrong with getting a pad with an auto fire option then ?

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
I think its a good option... zsnes has some of those turbo option and the programmers can do this if they want to...

Question:

uhm... forgive me for being ignorant but there are no PS controllers that have turbo buttons right??? or are there some??? haven't seen one here in our place...

·
邪魔ゎ指せない
26,303 Posts
I have one at home that has a turbo function.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have a programmable gamepad, you can make any of the buttons a turbo button. On mine, I've set up some of the buttons to toggle through the frame limiter (e.g. DEL,END,DEL and DEL,END,END,DEL). Makes repetitive scenes go by much quicker.
I haven't tried it yet but it might be possible to create a macro so that PEC can change plugins or even resolutions. Another good idea is to use (F2,F1) to quickly save your state to a new slot.

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
oh... so there is one with the turbo function... thanks for the info Kane but I think those controllers maybe only available in abroad :(

well anyway, there are only a few games that require you to tap fast so turbo button is just optional...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Originally posted by furnut5158
Turbo Button?
hehe just wondering......any chance of putting in a turbo button on there?

like, setting any keys to be repeatingly super inhumanly fastly pressed. =)
I totaly feel him on this. It would be so nice to have some sort of turbo function built into the windows version of Epsxe.

Not a function that speeds gameplay per say..(that would be nice though"zsnes")

But a function the allowd a specific button to be pressed repeatedly, super fast lol.

I know a perfect example:

In Dragonbal Final Bout(Psx), you have to press the button super fast once a energy collsion starts.

In Super Boutuden 3, the computer is insanely cheap with the button taping. So when i play the AI, I use Zsnes's auto fire Key for button "A"

Why cant something like that be implimented in Epsxe's programming.

Sounds simple to me, code a module that allows auto fire, via patch...

The programming for the pad emulation has already been established, it shouldnt be hard!!!!;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Hais Joypad that has the turbo button. They sell it for 14 bucks, can get it for 12. It also has a Slow button, to slow down the game if too fast and also vibration strength slider. Another good thing about it is that it has blinking LEDs for both rumble motors. This will tell me if the rumble functions or not. Housed in a transparent casing that allows you to actually see how the motor rumbles. Comes in PSX and PS2 flavors. Never used the turbo coz I dont play fighting games. Anyway, will try it one day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Hais Joypad that has the turbo button. They sell it for 14 bucks, can get it for 12. It also has a Slow button, to slow down the game if too fast and also vibration strength slider. Another good thing about it is that it has blinking LEDs for both rumble motors. This will tell me if the rumble functions or not. Housed in a transparent casing that allows you to actually see how the motor rumbles. Comes in PSX and PS2 flavors. Never used the turbo coz I dont play fighting games. Anyway, will try it one day.
So correct me if I'm wrong but does the slow button do "pause, unpause, pause, unpause"? Cheap great function but hardly useable. Really almost entirely non-functional. Thanks for the advice, didn't answer any questions and just said spend 14 bucks cause you suck. Also the games you play suck. Actually I don't pay any of the games you like and I'm answering a question to gamers who are not like me but I have a debit card so I have an opinion. Seriously, go away. Umm, go back to the call of duty board with the other mindless gamers.... Prick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts