Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heya, so I'm rather new to the whole PS2 emulation thing. I'm currently trying to play FFX on my computer. I'm trying to set up an auto-keyboard program to hit the "cross" button at controlled intervals, however PCSX2 isn't reliable at "detecting" the program. I set up to hit the K button every second. I assigned K to the cross button in PCSX2. Sometimes the game will "fire" the Cross button correctly. Other times it will detect SOME of the K's being fired by the program. Sometimes it will detect none at all. In other words, very unreliable.

Question 1) Any idea why this could be? The Auto-keyboard program works just fine when I test it out on WORD programs.

Question 2) Is there a plugin that could do this for me? (I'm not certain what to search for).

Also, I'm using the plugin SSSPSX Pad instead of Lillypad because I couldn't get Lillypad to work AT ALL for me.

Any ideas on any of these issues? Thanks! Sorry if I've done or said something taboo, like I said, I'm new here.

Additionally, a plugin that SLOWED DOWN the game considerably might also work for my purposes. I don't mean a lag type of slow, I mean... slows down the gameplay in a more-or-less constant, controlled manner. Maybe that's a pipe dream. Yeah, I'm aware most people are trying to SPEED UP their games, lol.

·
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
2,058 Posts
Additionally, a plugin that SLOWED DOWN the game considerably might also work for my purposes. I don't mean a lag type of slow, I mean... slows down the gameplay in a more-or-less constant, controlled manner. Maybe that's a pipe dream. Yeah, I'm aware most people are trying to SPEED UP their games, lol.
In pcsx2, Config->Cpu->check Limit (should be by default) ->in Custom FPS Limit-> as slow as you wish to be

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Ok it turns out I had installed 9.6 to my computer, however somehow I've been playing off 9.2 all this time o_o. Quite the improvement in performance, and yes the slow down things does what I need it to do.

However, NOW the problem is that the save files I had made right before the thing I wanted to test no longer work... is there a way to convert 9.2 saves to 9.6 saves? (Freeze saves that is).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.