Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm currently trying to get my first game to work on the emulator, resident evil 1. I will try to make this as informative as possible. Thanks in advance.

Computer Information:
Operative System: Windows XP
Graphic Card: GForce 6800 Series

Emulator Information:
Video Plugin: Pete's video plugins. (None of the 3 different ones makes it stop lagging.)
Bios: SCPH1001
Rom Type: ISO

Problem: The game loads and all, but it lags way too much. Also when I exit the program the sounds of the game will continue even long before I have closed down all programs. (Can still hear zombies in the background while I'm typing this msg.) This only started to happen when I exited the game in windows mode instead of full-screen mode. But it still lagged like hell.
So...How can the game lagging stop? And do you think it's the rom or the emulator-configuration that needs a change?

·
Registered
654 Posts
If it plays fine from the original CD, then you've most likely made a bad ISO.

Either play from the original CD, or:

Try re-making it, and this time, make sure your image-making program is set to [highlight]not[/highlight] ignore errors. And some programs are reported to simply be no good at making playstation images - recommended tools are Alcohol 120%, ISO Buster, and CloneCD.

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.