Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im playing fallout3 on pc and was wonderin how to get my control config to stay on joystick..each time i try it goes back to keyboard automatically..id use keyboard but wrists arent used to this type of movement xD even tho im on computer alot

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Download and use the Xpadder macro program to assign the keyboard commands to your joystick.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive tried several different controller profilers none of em work. forget to add that fallout 3 is able to map out the keys onto the controller but not enable me to use the controller it goes back to keyboard use

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no not that i can complain about, other then not having a good enough gfx card to play on high res etc. and that i cant choose to use the controller, i was about to try use a 360 controller but found out that xp sp3 isnt supported with the input plugins for 360. or is it that i have to use a wireless 360 controller and the reciever with it cause when i plug in the 360 usb plug into usb port nothing is recognized.

·
Banned
200 Posts
Well.. the controller won't work without the "Xbox 360 Accessories Software" regardless of which Operating System you are on, Have you installed it? Here's a link (It should have autodetected and installed if you have Automatic Updates turned on)

Microsoft Gaming Hardware - Download Software

If you have a wireless controller you'll need a Microsoft Wireless WinPC Adapter to pick up the WiFi signal from Wireless 360 Controllers

The software/drivers have a status indicator called "Microsoft X360 Accessories Status"

It looks like this

If you have any wireless Xbox 360 Controllers, You can use them but you'll need one of these a "Microsoft Wireless WinPC Adapter"

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
there isnt any progress in this...ive gotten the 360 accessories installed it...the controller isnt being recognized...so far xpadder/logitech are able to be recognized in fallout key mapper but not able to be used as a controller, the game doesnt give me the option to choose the controller just map out the buttons. going to the official site for 360 accessories download isnt compatible cause im runnin sp3, and it says only sp1/sp2 are compatible with that one...but for some reason a different version is able to be installed despite that ive got sp3 running. im able to click on the help button and read the help files but not able to get pc to recognize the 360, the xbox button turns on but thats all its good for basically.

there isnt any progress in this...ive gotten the 360 accessories installed it...the controller isnt being recognized...so far xpadder/logitech are able to be recognized in fallout key mapper but not able to be used as a controller, the game doesnt give me the option to choose the controller just map out the buttons. going to the official site for 360 accessories download isnt compatible cause im runnin sp3, and it says only sp1/sp2 are compatible with that one...but for some reason a different version is able to be installed despite that ive got sp3 running. im able to click on the help button and read the help files but not able to get pc to recognize the 360, the xbox button turns on but thats all its good for basically.
oh yea..its a plug and play controller...is this compatible with the software? it plugs in and all..or do i have to get teh adaptor either way for the usb port to recognize it

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You missunderstand the use of Xpadder. What you do with Xpadder is map the keyboard controls to the gamepad independantly of the game. So for instance you map your direction arrows to one analog stick of your gamepad. You don't change anything in the game.
Let's say that as your fire button you use the left mouse button, so you set the left mouse button to button 1 on your gamepad.
It's entirely indepedant of anything else.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i cant get it to save the config whether i tell it to or not once i log off my pc have to reconfig all over again is my only problem

Well.. the controller won't work without the "Xbox 360 Accessories Software" regardless of which Operating System you are on, Have you installed it? Here's a link (It should have autodetected and installed if you have Automatic Updates turned on)

Microsoft Gaming Hardware - Download Software

If you have a wireless controller you'll need a Microsoft Wireless WinPC Adapter to pick up the WiFi signal from Wireless 360 Controllers

The software/drivers have a status indicator called "Microsoft X360 Accessories Status"

It looks like this

If you have any wireless Xbox 360 Controllers, You can use them but you'll need one of these a "Microsoft Wireless WinPC Adapter"

would i have to buy that 360 reciever for use of its conrollers? cause even ive installed 360 accessories 1.1, when i plug in the controller to usb it wont get rocognized

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
So selecting 'save as' does nothing essentially? Have you tried opening a previously saved config (perhaps your options just don't autoload)?

Because I use Xpadder flawlessly for everything requiring gamepad use.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heh..its working....just uninstalled/reinstalled..as of now im using my logitech rumblepad 2 to browze these forums :D...but mappin the keys from keyboard to this controller to work with fallout changed my crouch button key,autosave, and wait...other then these fixable problems ive finally got it to work...i feel like a total newb having these problems occur xD....thanks shumi for noting the use of xpadder :D..im still tryin to get a good config for fallout..most of it felt icky....and out of place..im sure ill get it to config good. again thanks for xpadder :D:D

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You're welcome :) I also have a Logitech Rumblepad 2 and Xpadder has saved me much annoyance as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts