Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize there is a compatibility list for the PCSX2 but it doesn't seem to be all that accurate, I was able to play FFX flawlessly (even with some AA) but for some reason Bully refuses to play without looking extremely ugly and choppy (oh well). Anyways I was just curious if you guys could recommend some games that play well as I'm probably going to purchase some tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Specs : E6600 @ 3.0GHz, 2GB Memory, 8800GTX

· Registered
62 Posts
In essence there are no true Playable Games, since everyone's system is different and you can't really guarantee Playability for every system.
But ofcourse the other members of this forum will have some suggestions for you ;)

· Registered
251 Posts
the disgaea games plays perfectly for me, with no problems, and average fps from 60 to 80.

· Registered
2,896 Posts
Sometimes the incompability is caused by your actual PC hardware and drivers being used. As I do remember some games working nicely in NVidia cards, but having issues in ATI hardware and vice versa.

Compare specs with the poster about his finding and try to check out whats different.

"Playable" generally means that you can finish the game from start to finish, with no regards whether they run picture perfect. :p

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll probably pickup Disgaea, I was looking for good RPGS so that'll workout well. I was hoping to get Dragon Quest VIII but it looks like a lot of people have had trouble with it. Any other games that play well?

· Registered
5 Posts
DQ8 used to struggle for me using XP at about 30-40 fps in the first forest scene, and about 40-45 fps for other areas. But on the latest rev, and on Windows 7 (Dx10) it runs at 60 fps, no issues (as long as you make an .iso, off disc it doesn't get past the first movie). Dx10 seems to make a big difference with this and Dark Cloud 2, both cel-shaded, both run perfectly.

Disgaea and most Atlus games run perfectly for me too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.