Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I tried a search with no luck so maybe this has not been touched on.

I have a 256MB SD card for use with my new Polaroid PDC 6350 6.1 MP Digital Camera. ( selling my Kodak DX3215 1.3 MP with dock )

Any way the new Cam uses a USB cable and has no dock available. I do however have a Multi use Printer/Scanner with built in card read/write.

I can transfer pictures fine between the Camera and PC with use of Scanner/Camera wizzard on the USB cable. However when I insert the SD Card into the Card Reader/Writer I can view whats on the card with the use of explorer, but I am unable to copy and move or delete. I should be able to use the default photo wizzard in windows, but I would like to break the write protection on the card.

Can I disable write protection??? Does anyone know?? As I can't format the card via the reader either due to write protection.

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
i dont have an SD card on me, but i know that my memory sticks have physical write protection, i.e. you move a little slider (like 3.5" floppies back in the day). have you checked that?

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hushypushy said:
i dont have an SD card on me, but i know that my memory sticks have physical write protection, i.e. you move a little slider (like 3.5" floppies back in the day). have you checked that?
SD also has the slide tab ( Lock/Unlock ), which I checked and it is in the unlock position.

It's just a huge pain in the arse to have to format the card in the camera.

Oh well I'll keep doing it till I can find an answer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.