Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay well, first time I'm playing...fine..get some pokemon leveled up, friend accidently turns off comp. Okay, fine. I re level them all.

Now, I saved in the game and also by right clicking and hitting save and saving a file.

Emulator crashes.. I load it back up, my save file is gone. Okay..back up plan, I try to load my .sav and it gets an error while loading it.

Can anyone help? I'm so not down to spend another 3 hours for the 3rd time getting a couple pokemon up to 20.

I didn't see the FAQ about DS Emus before, even though I was looking for it, I'm reading it now and will try to solve my problem.

Ok well I've tried to work it out but it's not working.

I know you guys must get tired of questions like this and I'm sorry but if you could help me out that would be cool.

I set my save file to the right type. And I have the .sav file in the battery file. Can someone just explain to me in a step by step fashion how to load this file?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saam. The screenshot saves only work for GBA games. To get it working again, after I made that mistake, I had to redownload No$gba. Also, it technically saves when you exit out of the program or load a different game.

The .SAV file is a screen shot? I was aware that screen shots only work with GBA games but I wasn't aware that saving it like that saves a screen shot.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Ah. When you save it via the game, it works. When you right clicked it and hit save, it did it as a screenshot. If you right click and hit Load State, you'll see the okk.SNA. Try loading that, it may work. Or you may need to redownload the emulator.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Would I be able to load it if I re downloaded the emulator?
The SnapShots only works in GBA games, not in DS games. If you want savestates, use iDeaS or Desmume.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You'd load it like you normally would. Load up the game and start from the game itself. No right click is needed. If you want to be safe, you can copy and paste the .sav file, but it shouldn't be needed.

I re installed the emu and replaced all the old files with the newly reinstalled files and booted up the game.. no save file. Did I do something wrong?

Edit: Well I don't think this is gonna work, maybe I should just start from scratch and save it and see if it's saving correctly. *Sigh* haha. Thanks all. 3rd attempt - hooooooooo.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Put the .sav file you backed up in the same spot you took it from. That's what I did and it worked.

I just saved everything onto my desktop, but when I dragged my .sav into the battery and replaced the .sav that was in there the emu restarted, all the settings and everything, which is good, but the load still wont .. load.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Next time use the in game save only.
And make a habit of backing up you entire No$Gba folder to a differnt location. It will save you alot of pain in the future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I reinstalled the EMU and the game, booted it up, configured the settings, got in the game, saved it. Reset it, and the save file isn't registering. *Sigh*

FIXED IT!

The video where it shows me how to download the game and everything said to set it to 512K back up save, but I had put it to 0.5 because thats what AdvanScene said....I put it back to 512 and it saved. Haha! Finally. Thanks everyone who tried to help me.

Happy gaming.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I reinstalled the EMU and the game, booted it up, configured the settings, got in the game, saved it. Reset it, and the save file isn't registering. *Sigh*

FIXED IT!

The video where it shows me how to download the game and everything said to set it to 512K back up save, but I had put it to 0.5 because thats what AdvanScene said....I put it back to 512 and it saved. Haha! Finally. Thanks everyone who tried to help me.

Happy gaming.
That's happy that you have the problem solved, but if you want to give more support for possible future problems, read the rules, because we don't support people which downloads games.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
It's a WiFi check failing...so basically there's no fix for it and you're stuck without accessing the Underground.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.