Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pink Poney
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble getting my slim ps2 ready to run "homebrew" apps that would let me dump the BIOS. I think I've read that the memory card exploit doesn't work...but everything suggesting the use of a usb drive requires the ps2 be ready to accept homebrew apps:???:. How am I supposed to get these to run in the first place if the memory card exploit doesn't work?

·
Pink Poney
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Action Replay? I'll google it to see what it's about, but would you mind linking me to the tut you followed, or give me a quick overview of what you did?

@stridervm: i realize that my ummodded ps2 won't run homebrew apps, which is why i started this thread. It seems like my searches on google for getting the bios from a slim ps2 always involved some kind of homebrew app...which doesn't help me since i can't figure out how to run them on a slim ps2.

·
ライチュウ|タオ
4,016 Posts
I didn't follow any tutorial. XD

It was pretty easy. AR refused to boot Free MCBoot, so I booted the NES emulator[forgot its name] for ps2, then used that to boot out to the Free MCBoot program, which then softmodded my memcard. From there I just ran the bios dumper. :)

·
Pink Poney
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't follow any tutorial. XD

It was pretty easy. AR refused to boot Free MCBoot, so I booted the NES emulator[forgot its name] for ps2, then used that to boot out to the Free MCBoot program, which then softmodded my memcard. From there I just ran the bios dumper. :)
I understood about half of that, you'll have to forgive my incompetence :heh:. Tell me if I'm right...you put a NES emulator on a flash drive and somehow ran it on the ps2?:lol: I know I'm wrong...maybe give some more definitive directions?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts