Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine told me about being about to take your PSX discs and turn them into ISO to play them on your PC. He told me to make a ISO image of my FF7 discs and download a emulator. Well I have the emulator downloaded by the ISO image isn't creating for me. Here is the steps I'm taking.

1. Open up ISO Buster
2. Extract Session 1 IMAGE through USER DATA, and save it as Session1.iso
3. I then get this error:

Sector 12 couldn't be read
Error 05/64/00

I have no idea what a sector is. The discs are not badly scratched, and playable on my PS2. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
try Alcohol 120% or CloneCD, you also might want to try a quick wipedown of the CD in case there's something on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hushypushy said:
try Alcohol 120% or CloneCD, you also might want to try a quick wipedown of the CD in case there's something on it.

I downloaded CloneCD. I'm guessing what I need to do is Create a IMAGE file right?

Also, which file do I read for the emulator? Is it a ISO file or something else.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Make an image with your prefered CD software, it's better if it supports 'retrying on read errors'. Then in ePSXe you generally have to load the header file (.cue for .bin, .cdd for .img) unless you use mooby's ISO plugin, that allows you to read .bz compressed images
and most common other formats

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see how it works now. Thank you all very much. 2 other quick questions though.

1. Do I read from each disc seperate? Or is there a way to put them all into one file?
2. Does this emulator support gameshark codes or trainers?

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
1. separate
2. Yes, if you DL the PSX Emulation Cheater (aka PEC), which is an plugin you put between the main emu and the GPU plugin. Clearly, when you set your emulator,
instead of choosing a GPU plugin, select PEC, open its config panel, then load the GPU from it. Read the doc for PEC, as it contains plenty of useful hints and keyboard shortcuts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all very much. Very nice and helpfull. There are so few of these forums on the internet anymore.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Np... when a question isn't asked in a noob "OMFG !!1!11! I pWn3d bY a w31rD bUg" manner, there's no reason not to answer ;)

BTW
"Sector 12 couldn't be read
Error 05/64/00"

Is most likely a bad scratch on your CD, if not, try cleaning it. And as I said, a good
software will be able to recover this sector after several retries on it, just be patient when doing it :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Zalehat said:
I downloaded CloneCD. I'm guessing what I need to do is Create a IMAGE file right?

Also, which file do I read for the emulator? Is it a ISO file or something else.
You seem to be a victim of slang terms. People might say you need to make an "ISO". But what they really mean is an image of a disc. Images come in a lot of different formats. ISO is just one of them. There're tons of other formats. Like .bin and .cue files, or the .cdd, .img and .sub files clonecd creates, etc, etc.

Zalehat said:
1. Do I read from each disc seperate? Or is there a way to put them all into one file?
Yes. And no. In that order. Each image is treated seperately. But in your case thats not a problem. All FF games ask you to save your game when you reach the end of a disc. You can then boot up epsxe with the next disc and load that savegame to continue. Afaik most PSX games do it like this because even the real PSX had , errr, trouble with changing discs on the fly.

If you want a personal advice, try out Daemon Tools. Its a tool to mount images into a virtual drive. It's very easy to install, runs in the system tray and you can switch wich CD image lies in ur virtual drive in a matter of seconds. It accepts all formats and what the main point is, you can use all the regular CD plugins that come for epsxe without having to deal with the more "exotic" ones that run the image for you without mounting it. I myself have played all PSX FF titles and lots of other games using D-Tools and the internal cd rom plugins in epsxe, wich dont even need to be configured.

So make an image of ur FF discs, with whatever tool you like. Then mount it with D-tools. Choose internal w2k CDR as cd plugin and set ur virtual CD-rom drive letter in the epsxecutor options. Thats all.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Yup D-tool is also an excellent alternative for an ISO plugin, it bypasses copy-protections etc... I use it all the time when I... errr... I said to much ^^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts