Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hella weak. I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I'm trying to configure the emu, but I just can't seem to get it running properly. I test my settings by going to "run bios" to see if the vid and aud. are working properly. I've gotten the little psx logo to come up, and even had control over the mouse in the memory card editor. However, the sound is very scratchy and the video doesn't run smoothly. Can anyone offer any tips? I'm running a pretty humble machine, 2ghz, 512RAM, 64MB Nvidia geforce. Perhaps I'm not running the correct vid plugin? Any help would be appreciated.

Hushypushy, you seem to know a lot...got any suggestions?

· Coffee Demon
2,916 Posts
You call that humble? Well 3 arghs and a meh to you! We are using a Pent 3 at 733 buddy.

OK..some DW recomendations:

Use Pete's original OpenGL plugin (not OGL2!)
Eternal is a marvelous sound plugin, but try P.E.Ops SPU first (Easier to configure)
Use P.E.Ops CDR and set to IOTCL / Smooth if your using WinXP / 2K or if using ForceASPI or legacy Win32 set to ASPI, then put a game in and let the plugin "autodetect" the proper config. (If your too lazy to bother try SapuCDR or XevenCDR and set everything to autodetect, but not the best bet)
Try our ePSXe config guide --> http://www.emulation64.com/guides/11/

hopefully your playing a legit game...Downloaded crap may leave you screwed (Thats why you shouldn't download warez ;) )

If that doesn't help the Hushy will be around soon ;)

· Registered
654 Posts
It would help if you'd say what video and audio plugins you're using, what games you've tried with it, what version of the emu you're running, specifically which GeForce card is in your machine, and whether your CPU is a real P4 or AMD equivalent, or a budget-version Celeron, Duron or Sempron.

Dan

· Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
are you guys calling me out? :p

anywho, down to business. have you had a look at this yet: http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65247

after that, i'd say your machine is definitely enough to run ePSXe. DW and dbhankins basically said what i was gonna say, so let me just add on. are you running up to date drivers and such all around? is your hard drive fragmented? are you running background processes like crazy? all in all, is your computer running smoothly?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. Sorry I wasn't quite as specific as I needed to be. I watched Advent Children and HAD to play FF7 again, but I didn't have my playstation :) There's the background. I only want to play 7. That's it. I'm totally unfamiliar with ISOs. I found one at emuparadise. The first disk was broken up into 10 separate .rar files. I dled the first one, tried it out....but I'm sure I did it wrong. I finally managed to get epsxe running....and it seems pretty smooth. But as for the game, I'm still totally in the dark. Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate you guys (and gals) for takin' your time to help out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.