Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This really surprised me as far as i saw it was final, from alpha stages to final heh, i guess they liked the word alpha more than beta :p

anyway take a look at the post

Quoting:
Folks,

The final build of Trillian 3.0 has just been released! Crack open your favorite beverage and celebrate with us!

On behalf of the entire Cerulean Studios team, we'd like to thank all of you for helping us through the beta cycle. Everyone did a fantastic job, and at last count we've teamed up to fix an amazing 463 bugs!

We've come to the point in time where the vast majority of existing bugs are either extremely trivial or require very difficult architecture changes to properly implement. Therefore, we're putting out a final build and starting the development of Trillian 3.1 immediately!

While there may be a few quirks and bugs left, we are confident that this final build represents an overall stable and useful product, and we hope you all enjoy it.

Moving forward:

Bugzilla will be closed while we complete the core feature set of Trillian 3.1. For 3.1, we'll be focusing on further improvements to the 3.0 core including speed, reliability, and user interface consistency. In particular, we are looking forward to finally implementing AIM HTML profile support and UPnP. Of course, there are a few other features we'll be adding to 3.1, but we can't tell you about them (you know, the old "If I told you, I'd have to kill you..." ). 3.1 will be much smaller in scope than 3.0, and we'll be working to put it into the hands of the beta team as quickly as possible.

Thank you again for all of your support! We'll be closely monitoring things in the next few days. If something goes horribly wrong we'll be there to fix things up.

- Scott
Get trillian 3.0 at Trillian.cc

edit: ohh yeah i forgot to say, the basic (free) and the pro version almost differe for nothing, only the video and plugin supposrt, but hey, is it cool or not? :p

·
Registered
822 Posts
Wow that was quick, I would have thought it would have had a beta phase, oh well, thx for the news looks like its time for an upgrade, it has been a long while since Trillian had one.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Yeah, I've been using pre-release versions for a while now.
I caved in and registered pro. It has quite a few little tweaks and features which I really like (such as the showing of history in b/w in the message window) and plus as I've been using it for so long and like the app so much I felt they deserved a tenner or so.

·
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
never liked msn messenger -.- i prefer windows messenger by that matter :p

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
That's no good for people like me who used the internet from ages past and thus have Yahoo, ICQ and AIM contacts among others. It seems like all the new people just bother with MSN, wheras all the oldskool playas use AIM and ICQ

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm with Kane, I have one for everything. My AIM has about 5 accounts, 1 for family/friend use, and the other 4 for the various boards and sites.

I guess with this new version, all the hotmail and yahoo bugs are fully worked out?

·
OUYA Angel Backer
197 Posts
GAIM++

I lost interest in Trillian years ago. GAIM has a superior, more elegant interface, it's crossplatform (Meaning not for Windows fanboys only), and doesn't require paying or cracking to use the "full version" because GAIM is 100% open source.

·
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah, that was fixed in built 959, the final version is 964 which well... for me is still solved :p
Chrono Archangel said:
O_O how?...i mean...Windows..Messenger...
are they still at version 4.7?
yeah im just saying i prefer it to MSN messenger, for me MSN messenger is just... fugly :(

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
* Lady said:
yeah, that was fixed in built 959, the final version is 964 which well... for me is still solved :p yeah im just saying i prefer it to MSN messenger, for me MSN messenger is just... fugly :(
there both fugly. nothing will beat the look of Trillian. Trillian 3.0 has so many options but surprinsingly they did a good job on regrouping everything correctly.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
GAIM++

I lost interest in Trillian years ago. GAIM has a superior, more elegant interface, it's crossplatform (Meaning not for Windows fanboys only), and doesn't require paying or cracking to use the "full version" because GAIM is 100% open source.
I also use and love GAIM :p

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Hey, great news. I'll update to Trillian 3.0 as soon as I get my computer fixed :(

·
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Geeze, 966 already? Just a couple days ago they bumped it up to 965.
The fact that they unified the free and pro versions is good, but I liked the old interface (v2) better.

·
Extra Large Member
936 Posts
Guess what, they just updated AGAIN. Current version is now 967. They clearly released this way too damned early, they needed to go through much more beta testing. That makes 2 new updates within the past 18hrs, and 3 within the past 2 days.

·
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
so what? u prefer 1 update a year? :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts