Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm here to say that Trauma center: Second Opinion works as of svn Revision 1459, however, the framerate was really bad and everything had a blueish purpilish tint. Also, nunchuck only worked for the stitching option, but not for the forceps. Odd. When i use number 6 on my numpad, it works for stitching, but any other number doesn't work for the other tools.

Then, revision 1556 came out and i'm getting higher fps, but now the colour is greenish/yellowish tint everywhere, and I still can't select the forcepts. Does anyone have an idea on how to do that? Can anyone provide me with a save file to see if the nunchuck error is level specific? i'm stuck on level 1 because of the stupid forcepts lol.

Here are some pics:

I used the opengl plugin, cause the dx9 plugin showed me nothing but black background and yellow lines, used the hle sound plugin, wiimote plugin with nunchuck connected, the keyboard plugin, dual core enabled, progressive scan enabled (doesn't really matter) and optimize quantizers. Hopes this helps you guys. btw, Trauma center: New blood still doesn't boot. Hangs at loading screen. Techinically, they are pretty similar games. Anyone want to think of a reason why TCSO works and TCNB doesn't work? Great work devs. Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Oh wow, I can't believe I hadn't heard about this game. After seeing this thread I got really curious and searched it. What freakin cool games!!!

[WII]Trauma Center: Second Opinion
[WII]Trauma Center: New Blood

I'm gonna buy these ASAP, or at least one :p!

Thanks boogerlad!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Hey, i've got the same coloring problem in Mushroom Man [PAL]
everything green/purple

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
anyone know the keys for nunchuck? I got 6 for stitching, but nothing else works =(

UPDATE: It appears disabling sound using the dsp-NULL helps speed by a lot. I'm getting a 1.5X boost in fps. When HLE sound is on, its slower, but the music plays perfectly everywhere except for the intro. Newblood as of revison 1585, still refuses to boot. Hangs at loading.

UPDATE 2: It appears that the intro movie, even though the sound is scratchy, renders everyone's face properly with the right colour. Does anyone know why?

·
so i herd you like emu's?
731 Posts
Oh wow, I can't believe I hadn't heard about this game. After seeing this thread I got really curious and searched it. What freakin cool games!!!

[WII]Trauma Center: Second Opinion
[WII]Trauma Center: New Blood

I'm gonna buy these ASAP, or at least one :p!

Thanks boogerlad!
there are also 2 trauma centers for the DS ;)

·
so i herd you like emu's?
731 Posts
i loved the DS versions, i never knew there was wii version!
yup
the interface used in Trauma center: under the knife 2 was first used in Second opinion(which is basicly a very good remake of Trauma center: under the knife with alot of added content) ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm, it appears on x64, i got a 10 fps boost intro and story, and i got a 3 fps improvement in operation and menu. Surprisingly, menu is the slowest lol.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
huzzah! Trauma center second opinion is now perfect as of revision 2630! Just speed issues now (25fps fullscreen with 16xaa lol) Anyone have a savefile for this game? Just wondering because the extractor doesn't work on my comp anymore =( no graphic issues now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts