Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
A Square Fan!
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this in the old and closed thread about 0.9 but bosiman closed it (It has reasons :p)
Well, this is the question:
Will the devs release a .po file with all the text for the users to translate? Will be able to translate console mesages?
If is true, when? How much time before 0.9?

Thanks.

PD: I have been changing the code with _("---"), and I managed to translate some parts of the console. :emb:

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
translate console messages?? we havent thought about this as of yet, there is a LOT of messages to trawl through and they are more for us developers than the every day user, so translating these is not a priority, nor can i see it being done in the near future.

·
A Square Fan!
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't have to translate yourself, just put the _("---") in the code, and put the "---" in the .po file.
If the translators have time, they can do it as an extra job.

The "Load State X", "Save State X" and the color legend, could be useful to do it. And the "patch not found, can't aply patches" etc. But is only my opinion.

PD: Ref, I found some miss _() code, in the submenu->misc (Enable Console, and Enable Patches) also in the "Patches Browser" window title and memcards menu ("Format Mcd", "Reload Mcd", "Copy", "Paste" etc.). These aren't Console mesages ;) Please take a look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.