Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im sorry if this has already been asked and "solved" many times before, but I dont want to hear it. Im frustrated and ive searched all over and no one's solution seem to be working for me so I need individual help. My situation might be slightly different and would therefore need a different approach. Thats why these forums exist.

Anyway... Basically, im trying to transfer my memory card saves from Android to PC. It seems like it would be a simple process, but im running into problems and cant figure it out. When I copy and paste my memory card saves from my phone to my computer, I open up ePSXe, try to load the game save, and it says nothing is on there. Saves on my phone are working fine, which is the device I primarily play on, but it would be nice to switch from my phone to desktop, to my mini-laptop.

• On Android, Memcards File Mode set to "shared by all games", though it looks like its still saving as individual files for each game save for some reason. This might be why they arent loading on PC.
  • I cant make sense of which file is what game either, as I have at least 3 files that were modified at the exact same time. I have 14 save files in total for some reason, yet ive only been playing (and therefore saving in) 2 games lately. Some of the dates from these files are from 2017 and 2018, but I dont know why those are still hanging around or why they dont work for any of my games. I made a backup of everything then copied over to my phone only the files from 2020 and the 2 games im currently playing seemed fine, but that still leaves 6 files for 2 games. Thats...confusing to me.
  • Of these 6 working files, 4 of the names start with "SCUS_" and 2 start with "SLUS_". I don't know what that means, but maybe someone does. It doesn't seem to matter which type I copy over to my phone to test, as they don't work individually. If I copy over all 6, the save files will work.
  • I copied those 6 files (which are confirmed to work on my phone) to my PC's ePSXe memory card folder and none of them work on PC.
  • On the PC side, I cant change the memory card location to load from the folder, only individual files. Since I cant isolate which game is which file, this is a problem.
Any insight on whats going on? I have to be missing something. Knowing me, its probably simple and obvious. If im missing any info. that might help, ill do what I can. Thank you ahead of time for anyone's input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
  • On Android, Memcards File Mode set to "shared by all games", though it looks like its still saving as individual files for each game save for some reason. This might be why they arent loading on PC.
  • I cant make sense of which file is what game either, as I have at least 3 files that were modified at the exact same time. I have 14 save files in total for some reason, yet ive only been playing (and therefore saving in) 2 games lately. Some of the dates from these files are from 2017 and 2018, but I dont know why those are still hanging around or why they dont work for any of my games. I made a backup of everything then copied over to my phone only the files from 2020 and the 2 games im currently playing seemed fine, but that still leaves 6 files for 2 games. Thats...confusing to me.
  • Of these 6 working files, 4 of the names start with "SCUS_" and 2 start with "SLUS_". I don't know what that means, but maybe someone does. It doesn't seem to matter which type I copy over to my phone to test, as they don't work individually. If I copy over all 6, the save files will work.
  • I copied those 6 files (which are confirmed to work on my phone) to my PC's ePSXe memory card folder and none of them work on PC.
  • On the PC side, I cant change the memory card location to load from the folder, only individual files. Since I cant isolate which game is which file, this is a problem.
Any insight on whats going on? I have to be missing something. Knowing me, its probably simple and obvious. If im missing any info. that might help, ill do what I can. Thank you ahead of time for anyone's input.
Eu também gostaria de saber. I need help too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts