Next Generation Emulation banner

Trading in FireRed

Tags
firered
3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  rizwan.th 
#1 ·
So I've been having trouble trying to trade between Pokemon FireRed instances to evolve the Kadabra on my team into an Alakazam because I have noticed it has been lagging a bit behind the rest of my team (~LVL45, literally all the other Pokemon either don't have any evolved forms like Lapras or are already fully evolved like my Charizard). I saw a video from 2008 showing how it's possible by going into the emulation settings and setting it to run two instances and then going to a Pokemon center to trade normally. I tried this but when I go to the Link Corner and choose Trade Center, it bugs out, game crashes, and the image gets slightly distorted, but when I choose Colosseum it works fine. I even noticed some relatively recent replies on the video (like within 3 or so years) either show how people have been successful with this method or people experiencing the same thing I do. I don't feel comfortable using ROM hacks but I really want to evolve my last unevolved team member, so can anyone please help me?

#2 ·
try mGBA, VBA-M or BGB [BGB is for GB and GBC only].

mGBA (Windows,linux,macOS,BSD,Vita,3DS,Wii,Switch) [GBA] [opensource]
<Downloads - mGBA>

"How To Trade Pokemon on mGBA" - by narutopig [2020-04-12]

VBA-M Nightly (Windows, macOS) [GBA] [opensource]
<Index of /> [choose: "visualboyadvance-m-Win-x86_64.zip"]

"Pokemon VBA-M Trading (FireRed n LeafGreen)" - by Joker Prime [2019-10-11]

VBA-M errors when using Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald / FireRed / LeafGreen

Code:
    Options, Game Boy Advance, Real Time Clock.......: check
    Options, Game Boy Advance, Configure, Save Type..: Flash [or Automatic]
    Options, Game Boy Advance, Configure, Flash Size.: 128K
    menu Emulation, Reset.............................: click or CTRL+R
source: Topic: Bug Reports - [Fix] White screen in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

BGB (Windows, wine on linux) [GBC, GB] [freeware] [good game link cable support]
<BGB GameBoy Emulator (current version: BGB 1.5.9)>

_o/

#3 ·
try mGBA, VBA-M or BGB [BGB is for GB and GBC only].

mGBA (Windows,linux,macOS,BSD,Vita,3DS,Wii,Switch) [GBA] [opensource]
<Downloads - mGBA>

"How To Trade Pokemon on mGBA" - by narutopig [2020-04-12]

VBA-M Nightly (Windows, macOS) [GBA] [opensource]
<Index of /> [choose: "visualboyadvance-m-Win-x86_64.zip"]

"Pokemon VBA-M Trading (FireRed n LeafGreen)" - by Joker Prime [2019-10-11]

VBA-M errors when using Pokemon Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald / FireRed / LeafGreen

Code:
    Options, Game Boy Advance, Real Time Clock.......: check
    Options, Game Boy Advance, Configure, Save Type..: Flash [or Automatic]
    Options, Game Boy Advance, Configure, Flash Size.: 128K
    menu Emulation, Reset.............................: click or CTRL+R
source: Topic: Bug Reports - [Fix] White screen in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald

BGB (Windows, wine on linux) [GBC, GB] [freeware] [good game link cable support]
<BGB GameBoy Emulator (current version: BGB 1.5.9)>

_o/
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but will I be able to keep using the same snapshot I have been playing up until now? I am literally almost 7 badges in and don't want to restart the game from beginning at this point.

#5 ·
So I've been having trouble trying to trade between Pokemon FireRed instances to evolve the Kadabra on my team into an Alakazam because I have noticed it has been lagging a bit behind the rest of my team (~LVL45, literally all the other Pokemon either don't have any evolved forms like Lapras or are already fully evolved like my Charizard). I saw a video from 2008 showing how it's possible by going into the emulation settings and setting it to run two instances and then going to a Pokemon center to trade normally. I tried this but when I go to the Link Corner and choose Trade Center, it bugs out, game crashes, and the image gets slightly distorted, but when I choose Colosseum it works fine. I even noticed some relatively recent replies on the video (like within 3 or so years) either show how people have been successful with this method or people experiencing the same thing I do. I don't feel comfortable using ROM hacks but I really want to evolve my last unevolved team member, so can anyone please help me? Also check this card (https://collectorpricing.org/volcanion-ex-card/)
It's worth noting that emulation settings and trading between instances can be complex, and issues can arise due to various factors such as outdated software, compatibility, or ROM integrity. It's also important to mention that using ROM hacks, which are unauthorized modifications of the game, may not be a recommended solution as it can violate the terms of use of the game and potentially lead to unintended consequences.
One suggestion I would offer is to make sure that you are using the latest version of the emulator software and that your ROM files are from a reputable source and are not corrupted. You could also try different settings or configurations within the emulator to see if it resolves the issue. Additionally, you may want to check online forums or communities dedicated to Pokémon FireRed emulation to see if other players have encountered similar issues and have found solutions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.