Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I heard that I could play all my classic PS1 games on my comptuer and I am trying to do that today. My PS crapped out on my along time ago and I felt like I owed it to Lunar : Silver Star Story to go through it again.

I have been fumbling around for hours now trying to get this to work flawlessly with no luck.

Here's what I have done.

First I tried Bleem!, boy was that I mistake. After a little research I found that it was dead and gone awhile ago.

I finally came across EPSXe, and so far I really like whats goin on here but I cant seem to get these cd's to run.

First off, I cant even get the program to read from my Cd-Roms, I have a standard 48X lite-on CD-Rom and a Plextor DVD-Writer, I am assuming that the Lite-On is the way to go. But I cannot get it to read from either. I have tried to use the plugins for CD-Roms on other sites and I just cant get it.

I have on the other hand loaded one from a .bin file.. or an ISO if you will. The game loads and I have no music... But this is odd.. 5 mins after the emulator was closed and I have been typing this post I hear the game from the music, and now its done.

What information do you need from me to get this running? I would love to go through Lunar: SSSC one more time for ol times sake.

Any help you can provide would be great,

Thanks,

Lucid

·
Registered
13 Posts
here's what you need to do...
you need to download a video plugin for the graphics,a sound plugin for the sound,a cd-rom plugin for the the cd/dvd drives (not necessary though) and last but certainly not least a working psx bios.also remember that some video plugins work better with some graphics cards...
you might need to ask someone else which video plugin is best for your graphics card,but for sound i most definitely suggest the eternal spu plugin.
after that extract the plugins to the plugin subfolder in the epsxe folder and the bios in the bios folder...
as for the cd's not running you need to configure your cd-rom plugin to tell it what drive it should read from...

sorry if this all looks greek to you...(quite possible since i'm from greece) :lol: :lol:

any questions you might have feel free to ask again...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appriciate the hasty response, but I still cannot seem to get it working.

I will list what Bios and plugins I am using as well as computer specs to see if anyone has the same setup as me.

PS BIOS: scph1001
Video Card : 9800 Radeon Pro
Video Plug-In: Pete's OpenGL Driver ver. 1.75
Sound Card : SB Live! Value
Sound Plug-In: Eternal SPU 1.41 (I also show 1.41 Lite too)
CD-Roms : Lite-On 48X generic CD-Rom / Plextor PX-708A DVD+-Writer
CD-Rom Plug-IN : Xeven's CDr Driver .93 ( I took this one beucase it said it was easy to configure and to get to work, boy was I wrong )

Running Windows 2000 : Pro Service Pack 4

Once again the game will launch through an image fill but not off the original CD's. The sound continues to play after the program has been shut down or there is no image loaded. The Sound is very choppy and poppy also.

Anyone have any ideas? Once again I am trying to get Lunar : Silver Star Story Complete to work with ePSXe version v1.6.0

Help is very welcome!

If you need anymore information please ask!

Lucid

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well here is some good news! I dont really care if I can get them to launch off the CD or not, I would just like to be able to play.

The reason the sound seems so buggy is that it doesnt appear to be reading the CD-Audio, it only reads the midi sounds. Lunar if you have never played it heavily based on voices and movies and the game is not playable without these, does anyone know how to get the voice acting and the movies to work? If that is solved then I think I am business!

Thanks again,

Lucid

Lucidious_the_V said:
I appriciate the hasty response, but I still cannot seem to get it working.

I will list what Bios and plugins I am using as well as computer specs to see if anyone has the same setup as me.

PS BIOS: scph1001
Video Card : 9800 Radeon Pro
Video Plug-In: Pete's OpenGL Driver ver. 1.75
Sound Card : SB Live! Value
Sound Plug-In: Eternal SPU 1.41 (I also show 1.41 Lite too)
CD-Roms : Lite-On 48X generic CD-Rom / Plextor PX-708A DVD+-Writer
CD-Rom Plug-IN : Xeven's CDr Driver .93 ( I took this one beucase it said it was easy to configure and to get to work, boy was I wrong )

Running Windows 2000 : Pro Service Pack 4

Once again the game will launch through an image fill but not off the original CD's. The sound continues to play after the program has been shut down or there is no image loaded. The Sound is very choppy and poppy also.

Anyone have any ideas? Once again I am trying to get Lunar : Silver Star Story Complete to work with ePSXe version v1.6.0

Help is very welcome!

If you need anymore information please ask!

Lucid

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, after a little research here on the forums I am able to get the Cd-Audio to play correctly! WOOOHOOO! One last problem now, the framerate is all jumpy and the game lags now that I have fixed the sound!!!! Ack! It never stops I tell you! Anyone know any good "Tweaks" to get this game running 100% flawless? :)

Thanks again,

Lucid

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just found the Copy to Clipboard option in the Graffix setup of EPSXe here's what I have.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: RADEON 9800 Pro x86/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Window mode
[16 Bit]- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R4G4B4A4
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: on
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 1
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: off
- Advanced blending: off

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: on
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
oO Oh My God. Please, PLEASE, never ever multipost, and even less **5** times in a row. There's a handy edit button on each and every of your posts, use it if you need to add info to your previous posts.

First, Xeven's cd plugin is not reading cd's because windows 2000, unlike previous versions, doesn't bundle an aspi layer to read cd's, it uses ioctl interface. 2 posible choices: download forceaspi, and it should work straight, or either download peops cd-r plugin, and configure it to use ioctl scsi commands. Anyway, as you are using isos right now, keep doing it, performs better ;) .

Second, your card is more than able to handle pete's opengl 2.5, and it will probably give better results. Configure it like this:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.5
Author: Pete Bernert

Resolution/Color:
- 1280x960 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing <--- choose whatever you prefer, try to keep a 4:3 integer ratio
- Internal X resolution: 1 <-- don't use 2, ati cards don't support it.
- Internal Y resolution: 2
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off

- Filtering: 6 <-- as this game is 2D IIRC, maybe you'll need to drop this to 4 if weird coloured lines appear.
- Hi-Res textures: 0 <-- To your preference, maybe the filters can make the game seem nicer, and your card will probably be able to handle it..
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 0 MBytes. <-- choose your amount.

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 2

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 1/1 <-- again, to your preference. I like the smoothed effect, some will say it's blurry :p
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: on [00000004] <-- the special fix for lunar.

Post your eternal configs and i could tweak them too.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
heh, if i may interject.

Oh My God. Please, PLEASE, never ever multipost
there are FEW occasions that it's ok, so dont say "never ever"...but then again 99.99% is pretty close to "never ever" anyway :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts