Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have over 100 fps i any game (max). But since I changed some drivers I´m coming up in 60 fps at most. Can this problem be caused by NVIDIA drivers? I don´t remember what version I used before. Maybe 4x.xx-5x.xx. Now I have 28.xx. But I´m not sure that the problem is caused by the display driver because when the game gets past the beginning screens and when the sound is used in the "start new game|option" menu (and the whole rest of the game), the fps is decreased from 40-50 to 10-15. Can directx cause the problem? Now I have 9.0c. I have tried to change to other versions but when it shall install it says that it has installed and it´s finished. Then when I check what DX version I have, it is the same 9.0c. My specs are: Gainward GeForce 3 ti-200, msi kt3v, 768 MB ddr ram and athlon xp 2800+ (333fsb). I play Vandal hearts 2. I have tested many different plug-ins and emus but allways the same. Resident evil 2 run at 30-40 fps. That is still too low. I used to run VH2 perfect in stabile 60 fps (fps limit). I have tested different sound drivers but it wont help.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
Go check your display setting. Maybe antialiasing or anisotropic filtering got enabled by the new driver. TI 200 gets very slow with antialiasing, try disabling it first.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,978 Posts
try using something like Omega's 45.23s or something like that, perhaps a 44.xx driver also

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hushypushy said:
try using something like Omega's 45.23s or something like that, perhaps a 44.xx driver also
Omega's 45.23 drivers are working excellent. Thanks. I can play again. They recommended that I should run driver cleaner before the installation. I believe that it did a great job. And I wonder what would have happened if I wouln't have used it. Max fps is now 300-400 without musik and 80-120 with.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
look if there are any processes running in backgorund that take huge amount of your pc power..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KanedA said:
look if there are any processes running in backgorund that take huge amount of your pc power..
And why would I do that? My pc is working fine again. And I scan it a couple of times every week after spyware and trojans. I don´t have any program running i backgroud using much cpu power. The fps problem was the nvidia drivers that had gone mad. I don´t believe that it was some virus/trojan/spyware that caused it. I´m happy now that I can play again :) .

·
Registered
16 Posts
As stated at the bottom of this page, once you have updated your version of DirectX you cannot go back to an older version without doing a clean install of windows or using a system restore point created before the instilation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts