Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rented Mega Man X5 and tried it on epsxe. It worked fine on some stages but on certain stages (Mattrex stage, first boss stage) it had really slow and choppy music and gameplay. Then I tried it on VGS and the game played fine but the music was choppy on every stage. My last resort was bleem. I tried it and it work fine, at 3 times the speed. I tried lots of setups with each of these. I would think that its the CD but there are different problems on each emu. I have a Celeron at 800mhz on windows ME, crappy video card, Voodoo 4 4500 and a 48x cd-rom.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
well, if i rember correctly the <= v1.4 versions of bleem! had a frame limiter and frame skip option, try using that and turn fram limiter to on and frame skip to off.:)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
you might want to check in device manager and make sure you have DMA turned on for your cdrom drive. DMA will make a HUGE difference in performance. If it is on then try pete's cdrom plugin and set it to limit the speed to 2x.
Also you have a voodoo 4, make sure you turn off FSAA if you are using a res over 640*480...Voodoo 4's can't handle it like a voodoo 5 can.

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
How you dare to say that a V4 is a crappy vid card, i would love to have yours (although, when i upgrade, i'll get a geforce3)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Hey i'm also Keeping my 3D Profeth Kyro II , even if it's crappy now , but in a near Future it wil be as good or even Better then the Geforce Series

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wierdest thing happened. I got a new dvd drive and VGS and Epsxe suddenly worked. Is that wierd or what?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
ummm not so weird, just means that your other/previous drive wasn't capable of reading the cd's correctly with the routines used in PSX emulation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts