Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
The actual game runs full-speed for me, but some of the menu loading scenes are slow and stuttery (may just be CD accesses, not tried an ISO).
I use all internal plugins, apart from using my own GPU plugin (and Pete's for reference ;).

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
I get straight 60 fps with ePSXe using Pete's D3D on 'Nice' and internal plugins ('cept it's an ISO, don't care about CD-plugin). System settings -

CPU - T-Bird 900 Mhz
RAM - 128 PC-100
Video - Voodoo3 3k AGP
Audio - SBLive!
HD - 7200 RPM ATA66 (Old, I know).

As a side note, I normally use Pete's D3D until I find a game that does NOT run at a straight 60 fps...then I give Lewpy a shot :). That usually fixes the problem. I find that just one setting on Pete's D3D runs just about all playable games, while with Lewpy I have to fool around with them :). (Actually, I like fooling around with settings, just not when I've got a perfectly good alternative). Then again, I try and stay FAR away from OGL and Glide on my machine because I constantly get random lockups on ANY driver version I use when I play anything with those modes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
This game runs great on my system.
I get straight 60fps.

When dealing with petes plugin I usually change off screen drawing to standard, and advanced blending to hardware, and framebuffer textures to black for fastes result.

I change the full screen resolution to 1152x864 and still get at least 58fps !!!!!

P.s. make an iso image; it'll improve game performance
;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts