Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm from Italy so sorry for my imperfect English.
Well, i'm not the first who ask about to fix this problem: playing Tomba2 when i'm in a region and that region theme song ends, it goes to the next region theme song instead of repeat as a loop. So, I tried many ways as follow:

1) I tried Changing Emulator (i tried all epsxe versions from 1.8.0 to 1.5.2 and pSX emulator) nothing changed
2) I tried different format image, all have the same problem
3) I tried mounting image with daemon tools and alcohol 52%
4) I tried run from the original disk, but it doesn't worked neither
5) I tried following steps suggested here and here, absolutely nothing is changed.
6) I tried to do all these things from another pc, what you guess? Same problem.

So please, can someone post a definitely configuration that works perfectly? (maybe with all steps and details) I'm getting crazy and I wonder if santa claus is watching :lol:
Please, please, please, i hate that the music doesn't loop correctly. Thank you so much and thanks for all your good work :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I have the exact same problem and am trying to find a solution too.
I dunno if it's bad to reply with the same question (I'm new here, i created this account just to try getting a solution) but I think posting a new thread asking the exact same question would be annoying.
I found out I'm not the only one with this problem, but i didn't find the answer anywhere.
So I'll post my epsxe sound settings to try to find what's wrong :

- I use epsxe 1.6.0 (but epsxe 1.8.0, 1.5.2 and 1.7.0 have the same problem)
- I use Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 (I tried the other two too)
- The three first boxes are checked (I tried checking the fourth, but it doesn't do anything)
- Audio device : DirectSound
- Buffer size : 40
- Audio out method : SPUasync
- Async mode : Smooth
- Cache VAG decode : Checked
The rest is unchecked.

I tried finding the solution myself by checking/unchecking some things, but didn't find the solution.
I hope someone can help.

Oh, and I have a question to everyone who played tomba 2 on the emulator : did one of you didn't get this bug?
I'm starting to think it is impossible to get the musics to loop correctly (like it would be a problem on the rom itself or something) and that there's just no solution.
Just getting one "No, I got to play tomba 2 on the emulator correctly without this bug" would give me hope.
The evil pig boss music played when i was in the fishermen town, which i found pretty weird.
And after it played long enough, it finished by not playing any music anymore.

I'd be really grateful if one of you could help me finding the solution.
I'm sure Kujah will be too xD (Sorry for asking this question in your thread :emb:)
If you need more configurations infos (like in the video settings) I could post them too.
Sooo, please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
No idea?
Do you think the problem comes from the ROM itself?
Do you think it's possible to make the music play correctly?
Maybe there's not that much people playing Tomba! 2...
I'd really like some help ^^

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having this exact same problem. I'd also really love to know if anyone actually got it working properly, as I've looked all over the net and all I can find is vague suggestions. No one ultimately exclaiming "thanks, that fixed it!" either. So I'm assuming there's no real solution here, which is a shame as it's a pretty annoying bug. If any of the beautiful minds on the forum here want to have a crack, those of us playing Tomba 2 would really appreciate it :]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay, so I chose to stop trying to find a solution and just play it.
And I completed it.
I still didn't find how to fix this problem, but i found some things to make it less annoying :
When your music loops to a different music (or stops the music), you can make it come back by making the music return to the beginning.
How? The way you think first is to change locations, but it also works when you talk to someone. So sometimes, when the music changes while it's not supposed to, i go to the first villager and talk to him, making the true music come back.
This is a solution i found at the beginning.

I also found another solution near the end of my game (actually, i found it while i was against the last evil pig)
Changing clothes (pig robes, squirrel clothes, or simply removing the clothes (it needs to make the animation of tomba changing, thus i don't think changing pants works)) changes the music!
So, against the last evil pig, i was changing clothes each time the music stopped (instead of looping the wrong music, it simply stopped, with no music anymore) , thus bringing the music back and making the boss battle a lot more enjoyable.
So, until someone finds a true way to fix that, talking to someone or changing clothes is the best way i found to deal with this problem =)

·
Registered
1 Posts
TOMBA 2 BACKGROUND MUSIC PROBLEM FINALLY SOLVED! NOW GAME MUSIC LOOPS CORRECTLY!

Hello guys, I know that this is very old, but I found finally a solution for this problem for Tomba 2 background music not looping properly.

Here is what actually worked for me to make the game run and the sound also to work correctly, epsxe and also retroArch didn't make it.

The emulator where it worked normally is called Mednafen

Here is a full guide of how to set it up (it is not so much user-friendly but reliable in case of Tomba 2).

On YouTube you will find a full guide on how to setup Medafen (I'm unable to post links here due to forum rules.)

To get Tomba 2 files that worked for me,

You will find the game standard files on many ROM download sites, normally you will find the US NTSC version fo the game in a 7z archive file.

Do not forget to unzip the game 7zip file into a single directory.

HAPPY PLAY!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts