Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Currently I play Tomb Raider 1 (1996) on ePSXe, with plugin video "Pete OpenGL2 GPU core 2.00"

I noticed that the framerate between the PS1 game and the PC version was different. The PC version is more smooth (like 60fpss), that of PS1 on ePSXe is a little less

So, is there a way to match the PC version?

In itself, it is not very embarrassing, the game is correctly playable, although difficult with my xbox one controller, the analog sticks are too sensitive, there is way to remedy the sensitivity?

Those who play this game on ePSXe, what are your graphics settings (the max in beautiful)

Thank you friends :)

·
Not a Registered User
1,320 Posts
Hello,

Currently I play Tomb Raider 1 (1996) on ePSXe, with plugin video "Pete OpenGL2 GPU core 2.00"

I noticed that the framerate between the PS1 game and the PC version was different. The PC version is more smooth (like 60fpss), that of PS1 on ePSXe is a little less

So, is there a way to match the PC version?

In itself, it is not very embarrassing, the game is correctly playable, although difficult with my xbox one controller, the analog sticks are too sensitive, there is way to remedy the sensitivity?

Those who play this game on ePSXe, what are your graphics settings (the max in beautiful)

Thank you friends :)
A bit late to this party, you could've posted this in the ePSXe section, but I leave this for you and others.

TR1 is most likely running at 30fps, the emulator says 60fps due to the video output being interlaced and de interlaced, it's a quirk of CRT TVs vs LCD.
Use a program like fraps to se the real frame rate, which may not even be solid 30fps.
The PS1 wasn't a very powerful system due to this and other reasons many PS1 games ran at below 30fps very often, Soul Reaver, Spider-Man, Driver to name a few.

The only thing that can be done to somewhat fix this with emulators like ePSXe is to overclock the emulated PS1 CPU, this setting is under options.

Thou to be warned it is at best to leave this setting at 1x and at worst set it to 1.5x, this setting may breake the game in various ways especially if you use 2x or higher.

Games that I tested myself that this works perfect with.
Spider-Man 1/2
Driver
Metal Gear Solid
Using 1.5x doesn't break these games and it helps with the slowdowns/FPS drops in them, but use 2x or higher and you'll have problems with saving and loading from the memory card.

Cheers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts