Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Just started this one, only done a little bit of the intro and I'm liking it so far. With tesselation and tressfx off its very playable at 2560x1440, however with tressfx on it becomes very sluggish and choppy. I'm currently using nvidia's beta drivers for Tomb Raider with the claimed 60% increase (for the 600 series cards I'm sure) and everything patched and up to date.

The following comparisons are:

1st pic - Highest settings (save for high textures and normal SSAO) with no tesselation or tressfx
2nd pic - tesselation on
3rd pic - tesselation and tressfx on

I'll continue to add screens as I go along.

Misc screenshots with SSAO set to normal.

Misc screenshots with SSAO set to highest and using FXAA

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
hey nice boobs

·
Classic Games Lover
5,277 Posts
Still waiting for my copy, but it was €30 cheaper than on Steam and €25 less than in Gamestop, so it's rather worth waiting. Played it a bit though, I must say the game's amazing and this is the best Lara I've ever seen, more believable than all previous Laras combined.

Cheers for sharing snicko! I can't see the difference between tessellation on and off though.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Tesselation is pretty subtle, in the first comparison things like the bandage on her leg and the rocks aren't as squared off, the skulls have better geometry. It's most noticeable where it gives the environment more intricate geometry, the 9th comparison is the most prominent example. For how much it kills FPS it's not something you really need to have turned on, but it is a nice thing to have if you can push it.

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
It's interesting to see PC gamers have already reached the next gen. The game looks really wonderful.

It seems the tesselation isn't really worth to be activated here and that AMD starts to tickle Nvidia on the PhysX domain. Maybe they have some technology hidden in their bag which will be able to compete against PhysX someday ? AMD gamers like me would be glad to see it.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,277 Posts
A couple from me. Everything's maxed, except for tesselation and tressfx, both are off.

The game is really awesome, the best in the series and even if you weren't into Tomb Raider before, you will have fun.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
Poor Lara

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,391 Posts
I am fricking tempted to get this since it's on sale on Steam right now, but I'm quite broke. You guys certainly aren't helping with these gorgeous screenies. X(

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
It's a very nice game.
I got everything maxed.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
It is a great games no regret for playing unlike the stupid crysis 3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts