Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Strike105X on Youtube said:
Some gameplay footage of hawx or "ace combat 7" (joking here) , since the original audio i recorded with fraps got messed up i used the first song that came'd to mind. I usually hate rip offs though i got to say this is the first rip off i enjoyed. They did a very good job ripping off ace combat, macross vfx 2 gameplay and mixing them together. I hadnt had this much fun since ace combat 3 & Horned Owl.

PS:in this video its only noticeable the ace combat gameplay as i dont like to play with assistance mode off (which changes the gameplay completely to what imo is a macross vfx 2 rip off).

PS: made this vid & screens for a friend which was curious how hawx is and since i already had the footage & screens i thought of posting here as well.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
I've got the game; I'm really enjoying it but I kind of wish the dogfights weren't so one-sided. I kind of would prefer a bigger team of fighters fighting similarly-skilled fighters.

3 guys versus one-hit kills is.... boring.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,455 Posts
Look good i will get this asap

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got the game; I'm really enjoying it but I kind of wish the dogfights weren't so one-sided. I kind of would prefer a bigger team of fighters fighting similarly-skilled fighters.

3 guys versus one-hit kills is.... boring.
It depends on the adversary/enemy unit there are some which need 4 hits kill or even more.

As for a team of fighters i'd wish the enemy had several and i would be a one man's army :evil: (also i kind of regret not choosing the highest difficulty setting i havent died once except for the assistance mode training stage, even there it was because i failed to pay attention when i stalled :lol: ), il probably replay it with the highest difficult setting after i finish the game.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Any word on them removing the rediculous limitations on your freedom when flying in 1st/3rd person? I don't want assistance, neither do I want to fly in drunken mode.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i have a feeling these guys don't belong in the aviation gaming business....

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Any word on them removing the rediculous limitations on your freedom when flying in 1st/3rd person? I don't want assistance, neither do I want to fly in drunken mode.
That would be a excelent idea, i keep searching every now and then but they dont seem to want to do it, saying that it affects gameplay & that's the way it should be played (damn there assistance,macross ripoff mode).
Good thing i manage just fine without assistance mode though i would like to be able to stall...
Anyway maybe someone's gonna make a mode or something and get rid off that stupid assistance mode.

i have a feeling these guys don't belong in the aviation gaming business....
Although true at first, for a first try i'm very surprised at what they did, except for the assistance mode ripoff i dont have nothing to complain really.

Edit: funny thing is they refuse to add more camera's to assistance mode off which makes them loose quite a sum of money the majority hate that mode but they still refuse there forum is full of complaints :lol: and even some that bought the game now want a refund :lol: .

Also i came along this:
Koryu_Anarth gamefaqs/gamespot forum said:
There's someone working on a way to enable all camera views in A-Off, will probably be done soon.
if its true or not will just have to w8 and see. Anyway stall is the only thing i really want :lol:

Edited by the observation made by squall thx ;)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
:) Its Bought, not buy'd Strike.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
That's some good news Strike, please make it public if you ever happen to read some news on it!

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This i all i managed to find:

Originally posted by KSqrd said:
Edit: Actually, I'm working with functionsExpert.lua, and I already got the F16C to stall in Expert with A/On. I'm getting pretty close to the point where I can have all of the A/Off features with the game thinking that I'm in A/On, id est, letting me use the cockpit view.
(taken from the official forum: source)

Until i see a mode out i aint having any hopes though :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.