Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which way does your toilet flush? Clockwise or counter-clockwise?

mine goes counterclockwise :p
 

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
Joined
·
2,775 Posts
I have no idea, it depends on if I look from inside the toilet or from upside the toilet I guess. Ask Lisa Simpson,she might know :S
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,506 Posts
This phenomenon is due to the earths magnetic feilds. In the northern hemisphere it rotates counter clockerwise. In the southern hemisphere it rotates clockwise. If you are on the equator it just drops straight :D.

BTW the same effect is noticable in weather patterns too.
 

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know the science. this is ment to be a fun thread just for ****s and giggles
 

·
The Hunter
Joined
·
15,879 Posts
Is it just me or has the amount of toilet humor increased significantly last couple of months? :heh:

Anyway, I never look back.... it's the best to leave the past behind you, and get out of the small room ASAP :p
 

·
Retired
Joined
·
8,882 Posts
Betamax said:
This phenomenon is due to the earths magnetic feilds. In the northern hemisphere it rotates counter clockerwise. In the southern hemisphere it rotates clockwise. If you are on the equator it just drops straight :D.

BTW the same effect is noticable in weather patterns too.
I don't know whether you're being sarcastic or not (if you're being sarcastic, forgive my misunderstanding ;) ), but the rotation of a toilet's flush has nothing to do with Earth's magnetic fields, or the Coriolis effect (but you're right about the weather patterns, though).

There's a great article called Bad Coriolis, which explains this misconception in great detail. I can't recommend it enough ;)

I offered this explanation even in case you were just being sarcastic, for the sake of the people who doesn't know better. I hope you take no offense ;)
 

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
Joined
·
9,358 Posts
Uhm, does it really matter? :p

Yours,
-Elly
 

·
Canadian Spaceman
Joined
·
8,767 Posts
I think mine goes clockwise... I have never really noticed oO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
359 Posts
Ladis and Gentlemen, we have a winner.
And the prixe for the most useless thread goes to...
Dude, why would you think of such a thread, huh? Why, Why, Why ?
Anyways it's clockwise.
 

·
Emunext fanboy
Joined
·
4,241 Posts
>>>Is it just me or has the amount of toilet humor increased significantly last couple of months? :heh:

What do you mean :laugh: ? (ok stop it right now :p )
Anyway , I don't look at my toilet flush . I just cover it first . Anyway , who wants to look at his shi* rotating clock or anti clock-wise ? :rolleyes:
 

·
The Hunter
Joined
·
15,879 Posts
Well we had the thread about someone who needed to fart a lot on one particular night :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,506 Posts
/mental note nominate for thread of the year in december ;)

Boltzmann said:
I don't know whether you're being sarcastic or not (if you're being sarcastic, forgive my misunderstanding ;) ), but the rotation of a toilet's flush has nothing to do with Earth's magnetic fields, or the Coriolis effect (but you're right about the weather patterns, though).

There's a great article called Bad Coriolis, which explains this misconception in great detail. I can't recommend it enough ;)

I offered this explanation even in case you were just being sarcastic, for the sake of the people who doesn't know better. I hope you take no offense ;)
I stand corrected. Damn you Palin :p.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,829 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
Well we had the thread about someone who needed to fart a lot on one particular night :p
eh, that was mine :emb: :fart:

エッリー said:
Uhm, does it really matter? :p

Yours,
-Elly
yes it does. The fate of the world may one day rest upon which way my toilet flushes...wtf is wrong with you :mad:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top