Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I going to eat outside and I pass gaming store.They showing GT3.It better than I thought a lot...............
I think resolution is higher than TV standrad and graphic very impressive to me.Wow now I wish to get PS2....................:p

·
Registered
680 Posts
no... TV are always have lower res than PC monitors. PS2 Games programmers have met their way to work aroung games with FSAA on low resolution. Imagine, PS2's processor is only 300MHz. Its impossible to play games that runs sooo smoothly on (at least) 1024x768x32 with Full LOD FSAA and full FPS (NTSC and PAL system had different FPS calculation than PC's). And to talk about the technology. You still can depends on the good ol' PC :D

·
Registered
680 Posts
one more thing... GOOD looking game are not depends on what platform they made for. But how clever the Programmer can Program the game.

Example: Quake III Arena's graphics are always perfect in all time COMPARED to PS2's QUAKE III REVOLUTION (sucks for me)

Try Colin McRae 2 (PC version not PSX!) in 1024x768x32 and all quality high. You can see how perfect the cars are.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep,but I mean resoluton of game is higher than TV.Because I used to output picture from PC to normal TV...............
I think maybe they use 640*480 mode...................

·
Registered
680 Posts
AS I said, games depends on how good the programmers are, not the platforms.

even if you're a game programmer and working with dual PIV or dual AMD Hammer or even a RISC processor, when you don't have the touch, I bet you can't even make a game for NES/ATARI.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I read somewhere that the ps2 outputs only at 640x240, hence the aliasing problems with early games whereas dreamcast had no problem because it displayed at 640x480.:confused:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Originally posted by Adair
Enigma, huh? 640x480 is standard TV res. I would think that PS2 is 640x480 also.
Hmm........that not possible..........
If TV standrad is 640*480 why don't you output picture desktop from your PC to TV and use it :D
Note : PS2 CPU is 128 bit not 32 bit like in PC today..............

·
Registered
230 Posts
TV standard res is 512x386 (if i remember correctly from y 4 years of video production)...

everything from the pentium Intel processors are actually RISC arcitecture... the x86 is now only emulated...

x86->RISC->x86... This is mostly what the digital vs intel lawsuit was about... all x86 command sets are processed with a risc processor then converted back to x86...

·
Registered
230 Posts
oh yeah... i wouldnt buy the PS2 if i were you... i had one once.. severly disapointed... games look nice but thats about it... personally, i would wait for the gamecube...

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Dan
oh yeah... i wouldnt buy the PS2 if i were you... i had one once.. severly disapointed... games look nice but thats about it... personally, i would wait for the gamecube...
I wouldn't buy it now too.Because I have no money enough to pay for PS2.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah... worst 300 clams i ever spent.. well, maybe its a fight between that and an old monkey puke green pinto i had...

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hey...I like old monkey puke green pintos. j/k
Metal Gear SOL is going to be an awesome game. I've played the demo and was drooling constantly. But I think it will also come out on PC. So if the PC version is as good as on PS2(I was kinda disappointed with MGS on PC) then I have no reason to get a PS2.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts