Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LET IT RUN.

I am guessing it is your first time running the new version with a playstation bios.

Remember the first time you turned on your PS2?
You must wait for the bios to load, it will ask you for your language.
It will ask you for your time zone and daylight savings time information.

It will take about 10-15 mins to complete on a 1.3 ghz machine (what im running anyway) The games load faster than the bios it seems.

I could not get any game to even attempt to start before this was completed.
Also make sure you set the path to your bios file under config.

Hope this helps

Also, another issue i just noticed.
Close the program between games.
For some reason the Reset option doesn't seem to work correctly with my setup. If you do not close then reopen, you will get a black screen, no bios, no game.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Are you sure of that?
I've only one game:Gran turismo3 PAL. With pcsx20.6, i had'nt configured the bios and it loaded the two first screens of the game at 24 to 50 fps. Now, i've configured my BIOS, formatted the memory cards, and it loads nothing at 11fps with the same config of the emu!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i haven't been able to get this version to do anything unless i first configured the bios. could just be my system, but that was my experience.
Now each time i load a game the Sony Computer Entertainment screen comes up, then the Playstation 2 screen, then the game.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ArchIBaLD said:
what do you mean by configuring yor bios?
The same way you do on an actual PS2.
Select a language, Select a time zone, Select your daylight savings time options, then you will notice a 1kb file probably named scph3001.nvm in your pcsx2 directory. The next time you try to start a game, you will see the Sony Computer Entertainment screen, then the Playstation 2 screen, followed by the game you are trying to run, if it runs of course.

This can be up to a 15 minute process, as the screens load very slowly.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
You dont need to do that ;)
If you go to File-->Run CD the emulator will skip the bios intro and load the game,thus you dont need to wait for all the cube intro etc
Also as far as i know you do not need to configure the bios for the emulator to work properly but to be sure do it

·
Registered
60 Posts
OK, I have done some testing and got the pcsx2 release to stay at black screen. Check what DEV9 plugin your using. Set it to DEV9Null and it should work fine.

auMatt

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok, I checked the Dev9Null Plugin, but it doesn't works. I tested it with the original FF X DVD.

I used Peops DVD plugin 1.0.

With the old Version (0.6) I can start FF X and go into the main menue but with theese it doesn't works. I used DVD Draft driver with the old version.

Please help, i know, that FF X don't work, but I want to get into the main menue.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts