Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the dx 8.1 and after few weeks i got the warning that my direct draw file is a beta... is this the warning that you got few months ago... if this how did you fix it does the dxuninstaller works

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I once installed that Directx8.1 build 638 or something on windows 2000 and I had to end up reformatting, but that was before the detonator 4 drivers came out. So you might want to try them.

S

·
0 Posts
FireGl, I do have the uninstaller and it does work, but you have to careful to follow the directions exactally or you can "screw" things up ROYALLY. Unfortunately, I was warned, I think it was Ali who told me, that using the uninstaller wouldn't solve everything and that I would have reinstall my OS anyway. It turns out that he was right. I still had problems so I reinstalled my OS and now everything is fine. So, I would reccomend that you reinstall your OS and go back to DX 8.0a, thing will be much better for you if you do that, I know they were for me.
BTW, sorry about not replying yesterday (9/28/01) but I wasn't on the boards until today (9/29/01) and I didn't see your post until now. Hope this helps.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thanks for the advice guys well I'm thinking if i will install Windows XP on my system is it good and worth buying?
To all those people who has a Installed windows XP on their machine any comment or suggestion?

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
i bought it, but i haven't found any time to install that thing... its still gathering dust.., most people i know sez it looks nice.., umm but that's about it... ehehe:D :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
XP is more like 2K but with a bit more options
imo,
if 2k is like nt with the ui of win98,
then xp is like nt with the ui of winme

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
I haven't installed it yet, but people say that it is pretty much stable, which is surprising coming from microsoft.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Originally posted by Xeven
i bought it, but i haven't found any time to install that thing... its still gathering dust.., most people i know sez it looks nice.., umm but that's about it... ehehe:D :D
it comes with product activation, right? so how do we call microsoft about this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts