Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a weird bug with version 1.33 with FF8 and maybe other games........ I set the pluggin to this
with 4xFSAA on.......

Lewpy's Glide³ Plugin Configuration Information v1.33
-----------------------------------------------------

Computer Information
DirectX : DirectX 8 or better installed
Processor : AMD AMD Athlon(tm) Processor, 1001Mhz (1 off) (00/0642)
64kb L1-I, 64kb L1-D, 256kb L2 (on-chip)
Memory : 256Mb

Core Emulator
ePSXe : D:\EPSXE\EPSXECUTORTOOL.DLL
: 02/06/2001 22:18, 98304 bytes

| Type | Name | Version | Date |
| BIOS | SCPH1001.BIN | | 11/07/1997 05:38 |
| CDR | W9XCDRCORE | 0.0 | Plugin Not Found |
| GPU | gpuLewGlide.dll | 1.33 | 06/05/2001 17:47 |
| SPU | SPUCORE | 0.0 | Plugin Not Found |

| ePSXe Configuration Item | Current Setting |
| Sound Enabled | Yes |
| CDDA Enabled | Yes |
| XA Enabled | Yes |
| XA Read Enabled | Yes |
| SPU IRQ Hack | Yes |
| CDROM Drive Letter | F |
| CDROM Accurate Timing | No |
| Disable CDROM Status | No |
| Disable CDROM RT Status | No |
| MDEC Enabled | Yes |
| MDEC Timing Enabled | Yes |
| SIO IRQ Always Enabled | Yes |
| Country | AutoDetect |

Glide³
Board : Voodoo5 (tm)
Version : 3.10.00.0674
File : C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\glide3x.dll
: 16/01/2001 12:38, 348160 bytes

| Plugin Configuration Item | Current Setting |
| Active Configuration | 1 |
| Active 3dfx Card | 1 |
| Enable HotKeys | Yes |
| Resolution | 640x480 |
| Refresh Rate | 60Hz |
| Emulate MASK Bit | Yes |
| Dynamic Texture Caching | Yes |
| Custom FrameCap | 60Hz |
| On-Screen Display | Off |
| Frame Skip | Disabled |
| FrameRate Limit | Auto |
| System Type | NTSC |
| FrameCap Method | New |
| Draw Method | Bright |
| Alpha Blending Mode | Advanced |
| Bilinear Filtering | Enabled w/o Sprites |
| Alpha Testing | Normal |
| FrameBuffer Access | Read/Write | <-----
| Off-Screen Drawing | Full | <------
| Polygon Mode | Textured |
| Texture Windows | Enabled |
| VSync | Enabled |
| Banshee Code | Enabled |
| MDEC Format | Texture |
| Experimental Flipping | On |
| Experimental Screen Sizing | Off |
| FrontBuffer Rendering Fix | Off |
| FF7 TextureWindow Fix | Off |
| DMAChain Fix | Long |

I have pointed out the options above..... with this setting, during a battle, if I set Off-SCreen Drawing to something other than FULL, there is tremendous slowdown(down to 5 fps from 60) with some summons so I leave it on FULL.... then after the battle, the world map is missing a bunch of objects.... The character that shows you running around on the map is gone with only a shadow... some water and land objects keeps turning black and reappearring.... I managed to fix this by setting Framebuffer access to write only.... no more slowdowns on whatever setting for off screen drawing and no more lost objects and textures..... Just thought you should know so maybe you can fix it....

Something else I noticed is that sometimes the blurry effects and transitions into battle scenes(ff7) in games like MGS and FF8 and 9 are done with weird software rendering which looks bad.....then other times(70 -80 percent) they are done with hardware.....which looks way better..... I was wondering if these effects could be done totally in hardware.... instead of sometimes doing them in software.... thanks for a great pluggin though...... works beautifully on my voodoo 5 5500.....

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
I have pointed out the options above..... with this setting, during a battle, if I set Off-SCreen Drawing to something other than FULL, there is tremendous slowdown(down to 5 fps from 60) with some summons so I leave it on FULL.... then after the battle, the world map is missing a bunch of objects.... The character that shows you running around on the map is gone with only a shadow... some water and land objects keeps turning black and reappearring.... I managed to fix this by setting Framebuffer access to write only.... no more slowdowns on whatever setting for off screen drawing and no more lost objects and textures..... Just thought you should know so maybe you can fix it....
I reported this bug to Lewpy some time ago, when 1.33 was release. If I remeber correcly, it'll happen if:

1) You "Framebuffer Access" to "Read" or "Read/Write"
2) You set "Offscreen Drawing" to "Extra+FBR"

Avoid this options and you'll do fine.

[]s Badaro

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
it happens to me when I set framebuffer to read/write and off screen drawing to FULL..... The weird thing is that the game runs fine until the first fight you run into.... then all that I mentioned above starts happening..... weird.... Funny though is that if I set Framebuffer to just write or read, it works fine..... I see your screen shot but that doesn't happen to me.... Either the parts of the water turns black or parts of the land turns black..... If I move around they reappear normal and turn black again... It must be because I have a voodoo 5 and you got a voodoo 3..... the bug just reacts differently to different hardware I guess......

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by fivefeet8
it happens to me when I set framebuffer to read/write and off screen drawing to FULL..... The weird thing is that the game runs fine until the first fight you run into.... then all that I mentioned above starts happening..... weird.... Funny though is that if I set Framebuffer to just write or read, it works fine..... I see your screen shot but that doesn't happen to me.... Either the parts of the water turns black or parts of the land turns black..... If I move around they reappear normal and turn black again... It must be because I have a voodoo 5 and you got a voodoo 3..... the bug just reacts differently to different hardware I guess......
If you set ANY of the two options I mentioned above you'll get this problem. And the bug happened on the exact conditions you described (after one fight), and every time it happened looked a bit different.

[]s Badaro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts