Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people,

First of all, let me thank Zephon and ebola that responded to my question re: upgrading from P3-800 to P3-1.1Ghz.... I've decided to hold off on that for a while, since, well, all my games run pretty darn well on my current system anyways...... so I guess I'll just wait a bit longer and get a new rig altogether :)

BUT.... I feel like getting myself a 'graduation' present for myself this year (when was the last time you heard of a person bought a present for himself? I'm so sad.... :heh: ). And it boils down to whether I should get a DreamCast or not. Right now I'm leaning towards getting it, because:
1. It's dirt cheap ($49.99 brand new); I plan to get it used anyways.
2. I ain't getting a PS2, because it's expensive and there are only 2-3 games that I would seriously consider playing (and strange as it is, FFX and MGS2 are *not* in my list - damn I'm gonna get flamed for that statement :doh: )
4. No XBox and GameCube either, since they're expensive and not enough games out yet. (Notice a recurring theme here? I'm a cheap BATARD!!) :D
5. There are a LOT of titles on the DC that I've been wanting to play (ShenMue 1&2, Guilty Gear X, RE: Code Veronica, Capcom v Snk 2, Crazy Taxi 1&2, Jet Grind Radio, Virtual On Oratorio Tangram, etc etc etc)

Cons? Well, it's a dead console, meaning new games won't be released on this platform anymore.

So... what do people think in general?

·
Registered
44 Posts
like i said in a previos thread like this as eazye dreamcast acording to E.G.M has the best software library to date the amount of quality titles on the dreamcast is best of all the systems ps2 coming in close second this was from an issue 2 months old or so but for the falling prices hey why not
E.G.M> average score of EVERY GAME for every console
(and if you read egm you know there scores are accurate )
ps1=6.9/10
ps2-7.4/10
xbox=not realesed
gamecube=not realesed
snes=6.9
Dreamcast=8.9/10
that means the average score of DC games is 9 /10
lots of AAA titles

sega always gets the short straw they always brung in the new harware the new games paved the way for sony and microsoft to weed them out. Everyone should buy a dreamcast just to help this once great company

*edit*OH and no FFX SHAME ON YOU ....SHAME i cry when i think about how im not gonna be playin it when it comes out

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Who said Gamecube is expensive???:confused:

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by Nightmare

Poor people say gamcube is expensive. And i am one of the poor people.... :cry:
Not really, for me the really one expensive is the Xbox cause here in my country is double expensive than the PS2 gamecube is not that expensive, I mean for those poor people like us is a great option ^^

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Raziel
Who said Gamecube is expensive???:confused:
Well, the *cheapest* gamecube I could find around here retails around CAD$250. With that I could get 3 brand new DC systems... And like I said, I'm a cheap BATARD! :p

If you compare the GC to XBox or PS2, yes I agree it is the cheapest of the 3... :)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
I play the DC more than any of my other systems (mostly because my Saturn is malfunctioning). Kind of depends what games you're into. When you like RPGs like I do, it's a great little system. Are they releasing Shenmue 2 for DC in Canada? I thought it was only going to be out in Europe.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Ryos
I play the DC more than any of my other systems (mostly because my Saturn is malfunctioning). Kind of depends what games you're into. When you like RPGs like I do, it's a great little system. Are they releasing Shenmue 2 for DC in Canada? I thought it was only going to be out in Europe.
RPG + Fighting + Racing... my top 3 genres ;)

Shenmue 2 is only gonna be out in Europe??? :cry: wahhh... I didn't know that..... guess I'll have to import it then.... *sigh*

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oooo yeah.... but first things first..... gotta get myself the console first, then worry about the games :)

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by kairi00
Oooo yeah.... but first things first..... gotta get myself the console first, then worry about the games :)
:smash: :bash: :stupid:

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by Raziel
:smash: :bash: :stupid:
.... ok I admit, in retrospect, I did sound :stupid:... didn't know what I was thinking.... probably 'nothing', as it is the case most of the time. :heh:

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by kairi00

.... ok I admit, in retrospect, I did sound :stupid:... didn't know what I was thinking.... probably 'nothing', as it is the case most of the time. :heh:
:lol: :rofl: :)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
anyhow, a dc is a pretty sweet buy now. i traded in a few old psx games and picked up a whole load of dc stuff at the local funcoland. i suggest you do the same

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by Bgnome
anyhow, a dc is a pretty sweet buy now. i traded in a few old psx games and picked up a whole load of dc stuff at the local funcoland. i suggest you do the same
I just bought the DC and it rocks!! Shenmue is simply amazing, RE: Code Veronica is super sweeeeet!!! :D :D

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Ryos
I didn't care for Shenmue, but I guess you haven't gotten far enough for the "this is only graphics -_-" revelation to hit. :p
Nope... I've only played uh.. let's say... 1 minute of it :heh: So far so good.... What RPGs would you recommend? fivefeet8 mentioned Grandia 2 earlier... any other titles I should look out for?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Skies of Arcadia is much better. If you've seen RoLW, I'd also recommend the (lousy) Ubi Soft translation of that DC game. Basically it's a really good Diablo clone. Of course, if you don't like Diablo, you won't like it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts