Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking back i have noticed a few posts moaning about epsxe,Why dont you lot give it a break,havent you even thought that these ppl are kind enought to create FREE software for you to play your playstation games on in THEIR free time.Id really like to see you lot do a better job,maybe if u praise the people who make these emulators and give them your full support they might take a look at the problems you have.Personally i think that epsxe is way better than a real psx,you really wouldnt get graphics as good as some ppl have got on the emus using even the ps2!
Just give it a rest and wait like everyone else!!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
WTF do you think these forums were set up for?

People have different set-ups, different systems, so people will report problems. And if the developers can't take criticism, that's their problem. It's all part of the job, and they're are doing a great one.

S

·
0 Posts
Cairey, don't ever think, not even for a minute, that it is the author's job to take criticism. They do this of their own free will, they charge nothing for it, and we all get immense enjoyment from it, so they should not be criticised for anything. Suggestions about how to improve something or ideas for the emulator are fine, but criticism isn't. If we were all to criticise them, then they would have every right to drop the whole project and say, in effect, "Screw you all!" and who could blame them?
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Hey,sxamiga,I really like the way you express yourself,I hope I'll express myself as good as you later.;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Cairey, don't ever think, not even for a minute, that it is the author's job to take criticism. They do this of their own free will, they charge nothing for it, and we all get immense enjoyment from it, so they should not be criticised for anything. Suggestions about how to improve something or ideas for the emulator are fine, but criticism isn't. If we were all to criticise them, then they would have every right to drop the whole project and say, in effect, "Screw you all!" and who could blame them?

When I use to release (or still do sometimes) my maps for Unreal Tournament I got a lot of e-mails like "Your map rocks!" and then some that said "your map sucks". I had to learn to take criticism. Criticism isn't a bad thing, you can learn from it and improve upon it.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
I think your thinking of constructive critisism. Which is good. You can learn from it. But just to says it sucks. That is bad and not very constructive to emulation as a whole. And what can you learn from that but get angry and irritated that all the work you put into something like epsxe gets taken for granted. Once that happens, you start to lose interest. Then no more epsxe. That would be so sad.

just my 2cents.

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the complimet Raziel. You already express youself quite well in my opinion.
Cairey, you're right of course, one can alway learn and grow from suggestions and ideas. But w/critisism you have to be "oh so careful" especially when someone is doing it as a favor to you and others. I'm sure that uploading your Unreal maps takes time, and it is a nice gesture on your part, but think of how much time that authors spend on these emulators. This is why I say you should be careful about critisism.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Non-topic relate....................
I like Unreal Tournamnet so much but I unable to play oneline with other...............
Because my main ISP not support it.I already try other ISP but I got ping 800 that make me boring :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts