Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man im really sorry to be asking this its just that im kind of newby in this thing.
What video plugin in epsxe should i use 4 my TNT2 ultra and where can i download it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would recommend using Pete's D3D instead of OpenGL for a TNT2 card. When I run epsxe on my girlfriend's PIII, which has a TNT2M64 card, games tend to have fewer glitches in the D3d mode.

That said, I recall Pete saying in a recent update that he fixed any problems between TNT2 cards and his OpenGL plugin.

·
Registered
551 Posts
mm..wait a minute, Neojag...you are using a 286 processor paired with a Riva TNT 2 ??? and I think epsxe won't run well on that considering on my 333, the fps sometimes drop to 13 :D

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I have a TNT2 ultra and I use pete's openGL all the time unless the game itself is uncompatible with it. As for the card's driver I use Detonator 5.45 because I think that once you get into 6.xx the drivers start to be optimized for GeForces. I may be wrong though. anyway when I tried newer versions like the new 11.xx I get little annoying problems such as not being able to select all the resolutions in some pc games.
BTW I use Powerstrip to overclock my TNT2 ultra. I have the TNT's memory running at 212Mhz and the engine clock running at 162Mhz. If you decide to overclock you TNT2 ultra you should try it a little bit lower than my settings and slowely move up to my settings if your pc stills boots and is stable. Don't go above those settings though as you could blow out your card.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL!
do ya really think these r my system requirements?
:mad: They're not THAT bad!
lololol
;)

·
Registered
551 Posts
mm..Adair, what's that Powerstrip? I recently read some of computer magazines...isn't it a little bit too dangerous to overclock the graphic card? hmm...I would feel a pity if I damage my $57 TNT 2 card... hoho :D :D

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Powerstrip is a program that lets u tweak lots of your machine's settings and YES, its dangerous to overclock ANYTHING on your computer, but sometimes its worth the risk :D

·
Entity Alpha
75 Posts
Is that Pete guy going to create a TNT2 driver, or are all of us TNT2 owners have to use the OpenGL plugin one?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
yeah of coarse it's risky overclocking things, but my friend who had the exact same card as me told me the "safe" amount to overclock to and I've had my card running stabily at that speed for about half a year now.
I don't know if there would be a difference between TNT2s made by different companies, but my friend and I both have the diamond Viper V770 Ultra.
The only problem you will have when overclocking is a heatsink/fan that doesn't cool the GPU enough to make up for the extra heat of overclocking. So I also have a $60 600Mhz Celeron overclocked to 900Mhz with a $40 heatsink/fan.;)

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
One major difference between TNT 2s is that Diamond's are no longer supported whatsoever. Oh well...

Ryos kicks his V770 Ultra.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Ryos, what do you mean? You mean Detonators don't support V770 Ultra or diamond doesn't provide support for their product anymore?

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
S3 purchased most of Diamond's assets a year or so ago. At that time Diamond only updated its latest cards after the acquisition. Now S3 has focused its attention on products other than its video cards (most likely because theirs aren't worth a darn), and thus Diamond updates its cards as often as 3DFX will most likely update its cards after its buyout - not at all. So basically the only place to receive updates for Diamond cards is Nvidia's Detonator drivers, which generally don't work on my V770 Ultra (2.08 is STILL the latest set that works with it). I still think it's a nice card, I'm just not thrilled about using drivers that are more than a year old...

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
That's strange I'm using detonator 5.45 and it works perfectly. I can even use 1100 to play games on but for some reason I can't choose every resolution I should be able to and the monitor won't ever wake up without a reboot. That doesn't happen with 5.45 though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey, where can I get all the other older detonator drivers? I'm currently using 12.00 and I can't choose resolutions higher than 1024x768.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts