Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
but which one, i have the following games.

Wild Arms 2
Vagrant Story
Tales of Destiny II
Tales of Destiny
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
Valkyrie Profile
Grandia
Star Ocean The Second Story

which one? lol:emb:

which one has the best story and gameplay?
only one i beat on the list was grandia...

·
Emulation Junkie
847 Posts
Here, I'll put your list in my order of preference:

Lunar: Silver Star Story
Wild Arms 2
Tales of Destiny
Tales of Destiny II
Grandia
Valkyrie Profile
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Vagrant Story

Some of these were hard choices. Please keep in mind that numbers 2-4 are basically a tie for me
Grandia comes next because it's not overly complicated.
Valkyrie Profile you are running against a time limit
Star Ocean is great (so is the PS2 one) but once you get too far into the game, you have to focus on item creation to be able to get anywhere, unless you feel like dieing alot, or have a codebreaker/gameshark handy, and I would rather focus on the story rather than "necessary sidequests" this is why they are called sidequests...it should be your option. SELL me the items I need, dammit.
Vagrant Story......bleh. That's about the best word for it.

Also, I recommend Lunar 2: Eternal Blue if you haven't already played it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Guyver2K5 said:
is there voice acting in lunar? like the segacd one i had...
Yeah, but its crap voice acting just like the other :p.

My order of prefrence would be... (But since you already finished Grandia...don't play that damn game again when you got these games to play!)
Grandia - it's a wonderful adventure. And the feeling of being that kid on his grand adventure is second to none.
Valkyrie Profile - Yes there's a time 'limit' of sorts, but it gives you more than enough time to accomplish your goals per chapter -- you'll be bored finding ways to kill time to continue on because you want the story to continue so bad :p. It's not constrigent at all.
Tales of Destiny II - Battle System is fun as heck, also an above avg story, some really memorable characters.
Vagrant Story - (not really in the same vein as these other games we got here, but its damned fun)
Star Ocean The Second Story - battle's are fun, and the game is long (that's a + not a - ) -- two games in one :p (not really, but you can start the story off two different ways ;) ).
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete - too easy...but a good story none the less
Tales of Destiny - also too easy, chump story...not the best tales of game.
Wild Arms 2 - only down here because I've never played a Wild Arms game, and while I love the west these games don't really appeal to me. Plus, if you can tell by my list; I like RPG's with more original battle systems than the basic hit, okay now you hit me, okay now my turn crapola :p.

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
i'll put it in the order i'd go for:
Valkyrie Profile - most interesting/unique of the bunch
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete - pretty classic. shouldn't be missed.
Vagrant Story - can be pretty tricky sometimes, but its a good one.
Wild Arms 2 - always been a fan of wild arms. a standard rpg.
Tales of Destiny II - interesting battle system, story is nothing special
Tales of Destiny - same as ToD2
Star Ocean The Second Story - same as ToD2
overall, i'm pretty neutral for ToD, ToD2 and SO2. they're nothing memorable, but should be a fun playthrough.
Grandia - play this one if shooting yourself in the head is not punishment enough

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
Tales of Destiny II I thrice that, easily the best game on the list. OO, and when you played through it try the anime too. It's a decent anime and it's definatly fun to see more of the characters from the story.. OO and it has Farah in skimpy swimming wear :lol:

·
Transcended
1,421 Posts
TOD2... and Valkyrie, that is, if you jave any idea of how to get the good ending.

·
Registered
836 Posts
You should try Grandia 2 if you can after. I just started this week and i really like it.

But the games that you had listed, Lunar is a good pick.

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,934 Posts
im likin it so far, voice actings weak lol, but hey its better than reading lol
They should have kept the japanese voice acting for the game... it's really good.

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
INCA said:
You should try Grandia 2 if you can after. I just started this week and i really like it.
reach the half-way point yet? that's when i found it gets bland. ;)

ChankastRules said:
They should have kept the japanese voice acting for the game... it's really good.
jap voice acting is only useful if you understand it. i, for one, would prefer they didn't have voice overs than have the japanese voice in.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.