Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
No People, No Problems
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so i've had the 9600XT for quite a while and i am seriously considering of getting a new card by the year's end, judging by my system specs(on the sig) what would you guys advise me to get. I was tinking along the lines of a 6800GT cos that would be the best one i can lay my hands on, but i think my system will be a botleneck for that card, what sould i get???

O yea i am not going to upgrade my motherboard and i want a nvidia card.

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,320 Posts
It depends on how much $$$ you're willing to spend.

A 6600GT is your best bet and if you wanna push then a 6800NU would be great as well.

·
No People, No Problems
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am willing to spend up to 350$.

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
Your CPU would definitely become a bottleneck with the GT, that's what happened with my overclocked Athlon XP. At least you'll be able to do high amounts of AA/AF without much of a performance drop :p.

·
No People, No Problems
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
n_w95482 said:
Your CPU would definitely become a bottleneck with the GT, that's what happened with my overclocked Athlon XP. At least you'll be able to do high amounts of AA/AF without much of a performance drop :p.
I am settled, i'll get a 6800GT even though my CPU would bottleneck the card i will get a bigger amount of performance than from a 6600GT or 6800NU.

Thank you all for the advices. :thumb:

·
No People, No Problems
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
n_w95482 said:
Hope you enjoy yours, I definitely did with my 6800 GT :D. Tell us how everything goes once you set it up and test it.
I will, but only in the beguining of January since i am asking a friend that works for the US embassy here in my country to get it, it will take some time.

·
Registered
608 Posts
It seems you don't live in the States? Otherwise black friday is just around the corner. Shopping time ;)

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
Shame you aren't gonna upgrade your board, the 6800GS would be an awsome buy! clocks and pipes are lower than the GT but it still outperforms it! and its about 2/3 of the price! very wierd but cool :p

·
No People, No Problems
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
refraction said:
Shame you aren't gonna upgrade your board, the 6800GS would be an awsome buy! clocks and pipes are lower than the GT but it still outperforms it! and its about 2/3 of the price! very wierd but cool :p
Well i might actually get lucky it seems that nvidia is going to introduce an AGP flavored 6800GS in abou 2-3 weeks if they do i'm going for it.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
It's actually clocked a little higher than the 6800GT (450MHz core, same memory frequency), but has 4 less pipes and 1 less vertex shader. Overall, it should perform almost the same as the GT, as the higher core clock compensates for fewer pipelines. It also is manufactured on the smaller process (0.11µm) which is good for o/c and has lower power consumption.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.